RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Chevy .VS. Ford (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/6877942-chevy-vs-ford.html)

qaiz 01-09-2008 03:27 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus
First spell, "Crisis" correctly.

Second, put a GT against the Z 06.

And if im correct a man with completely grey for hair (Jeremy Clarkson) who said that hes never ever completed a successful trip in a Ford GT and it always broke down.

And it has been tested, the Z 06 is the thrid fastert car avaliable right now after the Bugatti Veryon, and the Konissegg CCX (Quater Mile, Tested by GWBR)

If im worng please feel free to correct me.

Lets see.

ElectricGuy007 01-09-2008 03:29 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan


Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz

I like this Mr. Mugen guy lol.

Chevy Chevy Chevy.

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the Corvette Z06 (Pricetag Included)

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the new Malibu (Again Pricetag Included) and dont say mondeo, they're sitting in showrooms.

Dont ask me to go on lol.
Ford Fusion compares to the Malibu. I admit the malibu is an excellent car.
As does the Ford Focus does to a Chevy Cavailier....lol:D

st_dragn_wagen 01-09-2008 05:54 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
you cant compare a GT and a Z06. the GT was made to compete with the likes of ferrari and lamborghini, its in a higher class than the Z06. the Z06 is a sports car, the GT is more of an exotic, and like most exotic cars its temperamental, they weren't designed to be driven on a daily basis. quarter mile speed don't mean nothing sense none of those cars were built to be drag raced. so unless you've got road course times/speeds from a few different tracks showing the Z06 is faster ya got nothing

Tigger N. Bennie 01-09-2008 09:49 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz
Hey guys, if you were to choose, which one would you have.?
I've owned various Fords, Chevy's, and imports. However, the difference was NO BODY made me choose which brand I owned. Until not that long ago, I owned both a Chevy Corvette and a Ford Expedition. I sold the Corvette--ever drive a Corvette in snow? The Expedition I still own is also "wider" than a lot of the other SUVs I checked out, which was a major factor in what I wanted it for and to me made it much more stable than something like an Explorer, Sporttrack, or something like a "truck body on a car frame" and/or of any brand. Anyone who thinks that one brand is better than another brand solely based on brand and/or because their parents owned a specific brand without even comparing specific vehicles for its intended use is not that bright in my book, especially since different vehicles may serve different purposes and target different audiences. If anyone disagrees, then simply consider the fact that one automobile designer may work for one autombile manufacturer and than switch to another manufacturer later only to help design another vehicle. Of course, one could also consider how many joint venturers there are between the different automobile manufactuers and/or the different ownership interests in one brand. For that matter Chevy used to have a major interest in Ferrari which is mostly owned by Fiat. Of course, if one simply visits the Ford website, they will see other logos listed like Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, and Mazda. And here's a short quote, "Lamborghini is now a subsidiary of German car manufacturer Audi AG, which is in turn a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini

Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz
Quote:

corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus
First spell, "Crisis" correctly.
* * * * *
If im worng please feel free to correct me.
First of all, I purchased a Corvette because I wanted one, not because I had gray hair since I didn't have gray hair. That's ok, just keep on with the stereotypes! Second, I just had to comment over the "spelling" correction comment--"worng"--wrong, "im"--I am or I'm. LOL. Who really cares.

If you purchase the motor vehicle of my choice for me, I'll drive it and I won't even care if it is a Ford or a Chevy as long as it is a vehicle of of my choice. :D

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus, and the new malibu is uglyer than sh...
*****
my only complaint is that my buddy's 06 F-150 felt like a damn SUV, probably cause its a 4 door (i hate 4 door trucks!).
when it comes to cars my weapon of choice is vintage german (vw to be specific) but if the price is right ill take damn near anything i can get a wrench on that's smog exempt.
Well don't ride in your buddy's 06 F-150 then. He'll probably let you hitch a ride with someone else.


ziiaad 01-09-2008 11:00 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
i'm starting to love this place, theres alot of chevy people in here that i can relate too:D

qaiz 01-10-2008 01:02 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Lol thats why I said keep it clean, I wanna see where this goes.

And btw, the GT comparable to exotics and above a class of the rest.

Its got an engine outta a pick up truck.!!!!?

And its not like they started on a new design when they created the GT, they just took the gt 40 design, put it in the copier and said enlarge at a 110%.

And dont get me started on what companies Ford owns, look at the cost cutting.

1) The key of an Aston Martin is lifted striaght from a Volvo.
2) The amount of "Ford Bits" in an Aston is unbelieveble.
3) Jaguar is nearly broke, if their new car "XF" doesnt work, it goes to the wall.
4) Lincoln and Mercury at the end of last years fiscal year, postes a 33.9% loss in profits that takes them into the minus terms.
5) Land Rover's the only car holding the company together 'literillay'
6) In terms with Mazda, its worse than a Ford.
7) I have many more, but ive just woken up and am not about to type 10 pages.

@ Tigger.

I did that on purpose lol, no hard feelings.


BTW : Im suprised no one has mentioned Dodge, or Chrysler

q8murder 01-10-2008 07:58 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Ford FTW !!

The Hedgehog 01-10-2008 08:24 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Lol thats why I said keep it clean, I wanna see where this goes.

And btw, the GT comparable to exotics and above a class of the rest.

Its got an engine outta a pick up truck.!!!!?

And its not like they started on a new design when they created the GT, they just took the gt 40 design, put it in the copier and said enlarge at a 110%.

And dont get me started on what companies Ford owns, look at the cost cutting.

1) The key of an Aston Martin is lifted striaght from a Volvo.
2) The amount of "Ford Bits" in an Aston is unbelieveble.
3) Jaguar is nearly broke, if their new car "XF" doesnt work, it goes to the wall.
4) Lincoln and Mercury at the end of last years fiscal year, postes a 33.9% loss in profits that takes them into the minus terms.
5) Land Rover's the only car holding the company together 'literillay'
6) In terms with Mazda, its worse than a Ford.
7) I have many more, but ive just woken up and am not about to type 10 pages.

@ Tigger.

I did that on purpose lol, no hard feelings.


BTW : Im suprised no one has mentioned Dodge, or Chrysler

The Hedgehog 01-10-2008 08:27 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Lol thats why I said keep it clean, I wanna see where this goes.

And btw, the GT comparable to exotics and above a class of the rest.

Its got an engine outta a pick up truck.!!!!?

And its not like they started on a new design when they created the GT, they just took the gt 40 design, put it in the copier and said enlarge at a 110%.

And dont get me started on what companies Ford owns, look at the cost cutting.

1) The key of an Aston Martin is lifted striaght from a Volvo.
2) The amount of "Ford Bits" in an Aston is unbelieveble.
3) Jaguar is nearly broke, if their new car "XF" doesnt work, it goes to the wall.
4) Lincoln and Mercury at the end of last years fiscal year, postes a 33.9% loss in profits that takes them into the minus terms.
5) Land Rover's the only car holding the company together 'literillay'
6) In terms with Mazda, its worse than a Ford.
7) I have many more, but ive just woken up and am not about to type 10 pages.

@ Tigger.

I did that on purpose lol, no hard feelings.


BTW : Im suprised no one has mentioned Dodge, or Chrysler
I was going to mention Chrysler, as Chrysler/Dodge is my favorite car brand, then comes Ford.

Regarding those other car companies, you know Ford is dumping most of them in order to focus more on their own brand correct?

I was also thinking, since we are not comparing the GT to Corvette, than Mustang vs. Corvetter wouldn't make sense.

Good idea on the thread as long as people keep things civil.

comerford2@msn.com 01-10-2008 09:52 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
A few things chevy is GM so keep that in mind. I like the impala ss we have them as rental cars but we also have the shelby mustang and that is a lot better in every way.
Vett and the mustang gt500 that is cheaper run real close.
the new taurus is a lot nicer then the mailbu or impala and we have a lot less problems with the taurus then the GM W body. The focus is I think a tad better then the cobalt and the f150 and chevy trucks are about the same. the explorer is a LOT better then the trailblazer but the yukon has got the expidition in every way.
Like I said before I like both ford and gm both make some nice cars and trucks. I think ford will do some good things in the years to come as gm. The escape and edge are better then the gm cross over line up.

Checkpointracer 01-10-2008 11:37 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen


corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus,

I'm not trying to be mean but really dude get a life. You think 505 hp is only for gray haired geezers?


Anyway. FORD:[sm=71_71.gif] CHEVY:[sm=72_72.gif] MERCEDES, BMW, and AUDI:[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Just my opinion.

qaiz 01-10-2008 12:15 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
lol, I love this thread.

For all the people saying GM is this and Ford is that.

Look at the polls and see whose leading.

CHEVY :D.

st_dragn_wagen 01-10-2008 01:53 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen


corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus,

I'm not trying to be mean but really dude get a life. You think 505 hp is only for gray haired geezers?
it aint about 505HP, its a status symbol. 9 out of 10 vettes around here are driven by guys in there 40's and 50's. thats one car where the stereotype hits the nail square on the head

comerford2@msn.com 01-10-2008 02:19 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen


Quote:

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen


corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus,

I'm not trying to be mean but really dude get a life. You think 505 hp is only for gray haired geezers?
it aint about 505HP, its a status symbol. 9 out of 10 vettes around here are driven by guys in there 40's and 50's. thats one car where the stereotype hits the nail square on the head
That is because they can afford them and insurance:D. I'm 35 and I would buy one if I could but you can't stick a family of five in the trunk. The stock vett is 430 or something the zo6 is 505 and that is 70G'S plus. I think the super snake is 70 and that has 720HP. I like the vett and will buy one some day but for now it's the mini van:(.

Tigger N. Bennie 01-10-2008 05:53 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz
@ Tigger.

I did that on purpose lol, no hard feelings.
I guess you really didn't get it. Many manufacturers are going through budget cuts and many employees switch employers. Besides actually owning both Fords and Chevys, I've also owned an old VW bug for that matter and it didn't even have a heater in it. Was it a piece of junk--it may have been since I would freeze my arse off in the winter, but it got great gas mileage. Then again, I owned a CJ5 and could freeze my arse off in that as well though some may think that Jeep (which has been through its own set of parent companies) is the greatest automobile made.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: comerford2@msn.com
the explorer is a LOT better then the trailblazer but the yukon has got the expidition in every way.
Is the Yukon wider now? And which model Expedition--the King Ranch, Limited, Eddie Bauer, XLT/XLS, XL, EL? Please elaborate.
Quote:

ORIGINAL: qaiz
For all the people saying GM is this and Ford is that.

Look at the polls and see whose leading.
Of course, you are "assuming" that everyone is voting on the stupid poll.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
Quote:

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer
Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus,
I'm not trying to be mean but really dude get a life. You think 505 hp is only for gray haired geezers?
it aint about 505HP, its a status symbol. 9 out of 10 vettes around here are driven by guys in there 40's and 50's. thats one car where the stereotype hits the nail square on the head
Perhaps, you should move. There were teenagers in my high school that owned Corvettes. I also used to belong to one of the largest Corvette clubs in the USA--there were also teenagers in the club. Granted some owners were older but then again, some members owned as many as seven different Corvettes. Ever think that perhaps it is/was more about MONEY, not pathetic stereotypes.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: comerford2@msn.com
Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
it aint about 505HP, its a status symbol. 9 out of 10 vettes around here are driven by guys in there 40's and 50's. thats one car where the stereotype hits the nail square on the head
That is because they can afford them and insurance:D. I'm 35 and I would buy one if I could but you can't stick a family of five in the trunk. The stock vett is 430 or something the zo6 is 505 and that is 70G'S plus. I think the super snake is 70 and that has 720HP. I like the vett and will buy one some day but for now it's the mini van:(.
I'd agree that COST is probably one of the greatest factors along with where a person lives--a lot more so than age.

st_dragn_wagen 01-10-2008 07:16 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
where are teenagers rolling vettes? the rich ass high school kids out here (so cal, long beach to be exact) role BMW's and Mercedes', Audi's, (although i did go to high school with a kid that would occasionally drive his dad's viper). the only guys iv ever seen rolling vette's out here that were under the age of 40's looked like miami vice rejects. lol

DaveThePainter 01-10-2008 07:24 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
I am a Chevy Kinda Guy,Grew up hateing Ford and will stay the same,Tell my kid's the same also.

Ford=Found On Road DEAD![sm=thumbup.gif]

And you know you dont want that do ya,NOPE!.[&o].


Chevy all the way.[>:].




Thnx,Dave

Checkpointracer 01-10-2008 07:25 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
St dragn wagen: Is it a bad thing that guys in there 40's drive most of the corvettes? Is it a disgrace?

The Hedgehog 01-10-2008 07:40 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

St dragn wagen: Is it a bad thing that guys in there 40's drive most of the corvettes? Is it a disgrace?
Seriously, I don't know about what crazy rich city you live in, but the Corvette is something a lot of people aspire to own. It just so happens when they find it practical to own one they are a bit older. This holds true for the majority of the US with the exception of where you live.

Checkpointracer 01-10-2008 07:50 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan


Quote:

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

St dragn wagen: Is it a bad thing that guys in there 40's drive most of the corvettes? Is it a disgrace?
Seriously, I don't know about what crazy rich city you live in, but the Corvette is something a lot of people aspire to own. It just so happens when they find it practical to own one they are a bit older. This holds true for the majority of the US with the exception of where you live.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me with that post but I agree with you 100%. The corvette is an american icon that dates back to 1953. Owning one is an honor IMO.

The Hedgehog 01-10-2008 09:02 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Ha well I was quoting you because I meant to kind of add on to what you said because you hit the head on the nail. Then I started talking about the other guy without discerning between you and him, my bad.

And yes it is an honor [sm=thumbup.gif]

st_dragn_wagen 01-10-2008 09:11 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

The corvette is an american icon that dates back to 1953. Owning one is an honor IMO.
depending on the year and model i wouldn't piss on one to put out a fire

Tigger N. Bennie 01-10-2008 09:13 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
where are teenagers rolling vettes? the rich ass high school kids out here (so cal, long beach to be exact) role BMW's and Mercedes', Audi's, (although i did go to high school with a kid that would occasionally drive his dad's viper). the only guys iv ever seen rolling vette's out here that were under the age of 40's looked like miami vice rejects. lol
The Corvette club I belonged to is in Las Vegas, Nevada. However, there is also more than one local Corvette club. In addition, some "kids" who belong to the Corvette club followed in their parents' footsteps. To me, it simply appears that you are just envious of someone or someone else's parents who apparently provide more to them than what you apparently have since it appears that you have difficulty writing one complete sentence without a sarcastic remark. By the way, have you ever asked those so-called "rich ass high school kids" if they actually owned the "BMW's and Mercedes', Audi's" or if their parents actually owned them or if they were simply "leased" automobiles? Myself, I've met a lot of people who "own" Corvettes while those I know tend to "lease" BMW and Mercedes automobiles. Even in the small towns I've lived in, teenagers have owned Corvettes (as well as other GM, Ford and Mopar automobiles); however, that is probably because there are/were usually more GM dealers in small towns than import dealers. Dream on.

Quote:

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
Quote:

The corvette is an american icon that dates back to 1953. Owning one is an honor IMO.
depending on the year and model i wouldn't piss on one to put out a fire
There are probably a few people who would feel the same way about your VW.

annie_himself 01-10-2008 09:26 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
A few?

Tigger N. Bennie 01-10-2008 09:29 PM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: annie_himself
A few?
LOL.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:44 PM.