RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Chevy .VS. Ford (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/6877942-chevy-vs-ford.html)

qaiz 01-09-2008 12:28 AM

Chevy .VS. Ford

Hey guys, if you were to choose, which one would you have.?

sheograth 01-09-2008 01:07 AM

RE: Chevy .VS. Ford

Im normally not a truck guy at all, I've been driving european coupes since I started driving. That said, If I needed a truck for some reason I'd go with a nice F-250 or something.

qaiz 01-09-2008 01:11 AM

I love chevys, the new interiors are awsome.

I honestely cant wait for the ZR - 1.

The min it comes out I most probably will get one.

Whats wrong with the Chevy Avalanche, its practically a cadilliac.

A ford is a ford with a blue round badge.

hippieslayer16 01-09-2008 01:46 AM

you obviously have never been in a cadi if you think they are like chevys....the F-150 interior is upper class luxury. the chevy looks to cheap and plasticky.

qaiz 01-09-2008 01:50 AM

hippieslayer

If you read NEW, it spells N E W.

The old ones I agree.

We have the new esclade, and the interior is practically the same as the chevy just a few more shiny bits.

Go into a new chevy and try to find 1 bit thats loose, 1 bit that rattles.

Chevys arent fords that flip at 80KMH :D

qaiz 01-09-2008 01:52 AM

Lol this is gonna create one huge debate, keep it clean guys, i dont want this getting deleted/locked down.

snoking16 01-09-2008 02:39 AM

what kind of ford flips at 80 K??? i dont know. i sold em for a while and i have down well over 100MPH in the mustang and i have taken most everything else to the governor.

qaiz 01-09-2008 04:23 AM

Explorer, expidition, 150 dual cab, and 1 more that im missing.

High Way Traffic agency.

We rented a ford explorer a couple of months ago while on vacation in Canada, on the sunvisor it said in huge writing, please do not untertake manouvers at over 60kmh and this may cause instability and cause the vehicle to rollover.

I cant remember which year the model was.

The only mustang I like is the shelby.

[email protected] 01-09-2008 06:25 AM

I own three fords a freestar for the wife a ranger FX4 level II for me and a 1969 mustang fastback for me. I like GM also and if I would have got the discount with GM insted of ford I would be driving some kind of GM. When I was 19 it was ford vs chevy and I got crap from every one even the mopar guys about my mustang because of my 14second run. Then I got the trans done and better tires and got my time to 13.20 in the 1/4 and still got crap from the chvy guys:(. My drem cars are 1967 corvette convertable with a 396 or 427 and a 1967 shelby GT500KR mustang. runner ups are the 1969 cammaro rs/ss or Z28 and the 1969 mustang boss 429

VIPER458 01-09-2008 07:32 AM

im not really particular on where the car is made. ill appreciate any powerful/well built car. for example my two fav cars are the 94 toyota supras and almost any mustang cobra.;) but i also do like the older camaroes but i think i would prefer a mustang over a camaro

The Hedgehog 01-09-2008 08:32 AM

I'm a Ford guy always was always will be :D

The Hedgehog 01-09-2008 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Explorer, expidition, 150 dual cab, and 1 more that im missing.

High Way Traffic agency.

We rented a ford explorer a couple of months ago while on vacation in Canada, on the sunvisor it said in huge writing, please do not untertake manouvers at over 60kmh and this may cause instability and cause the vehicle to rollover.

I cant remember which year the model was.

The only mustang I like is the shelby.
I agree those big cars may flip, but come on the Trailblazer, and the other gigantic chevy SUVS's have had trouble with flipping also.

qaiz 01-09-2008 09:45 AM

The trailblazer is a disgrace to GM, ill give ya that one.

But comeone the new tahoe, thats a beast.

The Hedgehog 01-09-2008 11:11 AM

Gaiz what do you drive? I will be purchasing a 1996-97 Ford Thunderbird after the winter is done, with the 4.6 mustang motor of course. (dirving in the snow isn't the best) Basically I want to save on insurance and I learned to drive on one.

Then after that tides me over I will be purchasing a Dodge Charger R/T. I don't need the SRT 8 so I am going with the Hemi :D

qaiz 01-09-2008 11:32 AM

@Auto

I currently have the range sport, the supercharged one, love it. Used to be my moms.

If the corvette zr 1 comes out soon enough and is reasonably priced I might just get one.

The charger is crazy lol, the hemi is amazing. I drove my friends the other night, it absoloutely flies. My only concern is that it NEEDS a LSD, otherwise yu'll be changing tires like crazy.

I like the Ford Thunderbird, really rare car, hardly get to see them here. What colour yu getting it in.?

I normally use my bros esclade, the engine in thats a beast, 6.0 v8 vortec.

The advantage with the mustang motor is that there are a lotta upgrades avaliable for it.

In the next six months when I move to Canada will be getting the Infinity FX 45 or the Cadilliac SRX, the V8 one.

What I really want is a 94 Supra or a Skyline R34.

I cant wait till the new one comes out.

[email protected] 01-09-2008 01:14 PM

how about the mustang supersnake 720HP[>:].

ElectricGuy007 01-09-2008 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ford...sorry I drive one.:D
Chevy is almost no different.
This is another LOSI(chevy) VS Assoicated(FORD) topic...lol

Mr. Mugen 01-09-2008 01:48 PM

I currently own a 1998 chevy ext cab, 1997 chevy suburban, 1997 chevy pick up ext cab, 1994 chevy diesel 6.5l turbo ext cab p/u, and a 1985 ford f-250 3/4t single cab for a camp beater/jumping truck. I have owned them both and stuck with chevy. I walked too much or called for a ride too much when I owned fords for road use. I am not a tow truck guy....I like coming home in what I drove away in.

ziiaad 01-09-2008 01:51 PM

chevy is all i gotta say

[email protected] 01-09-2008 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

I currently own a 1998 chevy ext cab, 1997 chevy suburban, 1997 chevy pick up ext cab, 1994 chevy diesel 6.5l turbo ext cab p/u, and a 1985 ford f-250 3/4t single cab for a camp beater/jumping truck. I have owned them both and stuck with chevy. I walked too much or called for a ride too much when I owned fords for road use. I am not a tow truck guy....I like coming home in what I drove away in.
chevys break down too;).

Mr. Mugen 01-09-2008 02:28 PM

lol.....sure they do...and the ones I have had gave warning too.....no walking for me yet.....but life is young. Hey if you got slapped by a mechanical hand everytime you went to the cookie jar.....wouldn't you just eat them out of the bag?

qaiz 01-09-2008 02:58 PM

I like this Mr. Mugen guy lol.

Chevy Chevy Chevy.

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the Corvette Z06 (Pricetag Included)

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the new Malibu (Again Pricetag Included) and dont say mondeo, they're sitting in showrooms.

Dont ask me to go on lol.

The Hedgehog 01-09-2008 03:17 PM

Chevy Chevy Chevy.

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the Corvette Z06 (Pricetag Included)

Gimme a car that "Ford" makes that can compare to the new Malibu (Again Pricetag Included) and dont say mondeo, they're sitting in showrooms.

Ford Fusion compares to the Malibu. I admit the malibu is an excellent car.

qaiz 01-09-2008 03:20 PM

The fusion is comparable to the Lada.

Ive never driven it, but read a review in a mag, they said to steer clear.

suburban_hooligan 01-09-2008 03:20 PM

Chevy Chevy Chevy.

corvette's are for grey haired geezers in mid life crisus, and the new malibu is uglyer than sh...
that being said i would only consider myself brand loyal when it comes to trucks. and when it comes to trucks im a ford guy. a few of my friends have chevy's, i don't care for'm. there's just a hole bunch of little things that drive me nuts about'm. on the other end of the scale every ford iv ever been in iv liked. my only complaint is that my buddy's 06 F-150 felt like a damn SUV, probably cause its a 4 door (i hate 4 door trucks!).
when it comes to cars my weapon of choice is vintage german (vw to be specific) but if the price is right ill take damn near anything i can get a wrench on that's smog exempt.