RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Weed eater engine problem. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/7316108-weed-eater-engine-problem.html)

The_Shark 04-10-2008 11:12 AM

RE: Weed eater engine problem.

its neat how weedwackers (and lawn mowers) keep running, they create a electrical field simmiler to a altinator, thats how old crank start cars worked!

-EXTRA- 04-10-2008 12:58 PM

Make sure when you replace it you get the "mesh" i guess you could say correctly on it..put on old buisiness card between the coil and flywheel,make sure the card can still move with a little pressure though,then tighten.

JB COMP 04-10-2008 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

Make sure when you replace it you get the "mesh" i guess you could say correctly on it..put on old buisiness card between the coil and flywheel,make sure the card can still move with a little pressure though,then tighten.
Thanks, I think that's how it got messed up in the first place (but not sure)

Anyone know of an online place that has both Ryobi and John Deere parts?

I've found a place that has Ryobi parts that 5min away from my house, but the closest place that I've found that has John Deere parts is over an hour away almost 2 hours.

-EXTRA- 04-10-2008 02:22 PM

If you buy from john deer your gonna pay an arm and a leg..get your coil from your local small engine's shop...they should know wheather is will work or not.

iamnot 04-10-2008 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

If you buy from john deer your gonna pay an arm and a leg..get your coil from your local small engine's shop...they should know wheather is will work or not.
i agree
take the old part with you and see if they can match it to another brand

JB COMP 04-10-2008 03:52 PM

I called a John Deere dealer and that weed eater and that part is not available.

So I'll try a small engine place.

The_Shark 04-10-2008 07:03 PM

deer do make good tractors but when the do break, they cost almost as much to fix as you baught it for!

JB COMP 04-10-2008 07:26 PM

I found out that I have to go to a echo dealer to get the part (or so they say, we'll see in the morning)

JB COMP 04-11-2008 09:05 AM

Now after getting transferred to 10 different people, I finally got an Echo part# and called an Echo place to get them to order it.

How bad is Echo about pricing and stuff (hopefully not as bad as John Deere)

Edit: :( the guy just called me with a price, $66 for just the coil[sm=drowning.gif] I can buy A case of fuel for that, or a 056 pipe with an extra glow plug.[:'(]

The_Shark 04-11-2008 11:45 AM

or a new weed wacker!

echo is just as expencive as Deere, find someone who sells craftsman parts.

JB COMP 04-11-2008 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

or a new weed wacker!

echo is just as expencive as Deere, find someone who sells craftsman parts.
I think I'll be moving on to that Ryobi 875R weed wacker we have, it only needs a carb rebuild and the attachments.

The_Shark 04-11-2008 02:21 PM

good idea, whos to say its worth the $60??

a bad carb usually means just taking out all the jets and sticking pins in every hole after a good while in liquid wrench (or break cleaner). typicly the only thing that can fail on a carb is the springs.