RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   What is the longest you ever went without sleeping? (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/7698688-what-longest-you-ever-went-without-sleeping.html)

RC_Basher20 07-06-2008 02:07 AM

What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
so far i broke my reccord woke up at 600am went to bed at 310am :D
so tired, bubi :D

RC_Basher20 07-06-2008 02:27 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
3:30, after the song gasoline, bubi

Nick2618 07-06-2008 02:40 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
Go to bed n00b or sign on to AIM... LOL

dsales 07-06-2008 04:36 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
I did 3 days, somethings wrong with me, I only sleep for
3 hours per night

Foxy 07-06-2008 05:15 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
If that's true then you're an insomniac, like me. It's a common condition among energetic people. I often sleep only three or four hours a night. I go to bed at the normal time (1am lets say) and I then lie there for an hour to see if I can sleep. If not, I get up and do something until I feel tired, which can often run to 5am. I refuse to start taking sleeping drugs because I don't want to rely on them for the rest of my life. I have my good and bad nights, last night I slept normally for example, 1am to about 10am, but I put that down to the fact that I was building a ramp all day. Exercise is the key.

As for how long I've stayed awake, that would be about three full 24 hour days. We once started a party straight after work on Friday night, partied the whole weekend, went to work on monday most of us in the same clothes (was a battle to stay awake that day), then slept on Monday night. I was about 18 back then, I don't think I could do it these days.

dsales 07-06-2008 09:43 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
I have had to stay up for long hours for many excuses, there are firstly the Gran Turismo games and their 24hour endurance races or 500Km races which gave me RSI and a powercut too often when I was younger, Building nitro trucks has kept me up overnight as I cant stop doing something until I have fully finished it, Partys, Holidays to far places always make me stay up 48 hours becasue of the time zone thing and i cant sleep in airplanes.
I like you Foxy also have difficulty in sleeping from too much energy. My parents dont appreciate me walking around the house at 2am so all I do for a few hours after midnight are watch movies and surf the web on my Iphone until I can get tired enough to sleep.
I didnt sleep at all last night from fear because one of my neighbours got beaten up and had bricks thrown at him and was kicked in the jaw (broken in 2 places) so while my dad drove him to hospital I had the job of calling the police to arrest the 10 to 15 teenagers who had attaked our neigbour. The police replied, 'We're too afraid, the mob is too large for our small force' so they came 4 hours later after the incident! My other neighbour has called the goverment to complain of police negligence. Our car seat is still covered in blood at the moment [:'(]
This all happened in Canterbury which is one of the safest areas of UK, yesterday 2 people got stabbed 150 times so that the robbers can steal their PS3!
I have a reason to not sleep forever. Im hiding my playstation and nitro trucks in my basement for a while now until I get a new Baja. I have already nearly been attacked becasue people wanted to steal my nitro trucks.

RevToTheRedline 07-06-2008 10:17 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
Back in high school I used to be able to go 3-4 days without sleep and still concentrate, now I can't go but 16-17 hours, my body sucks.

hands without shadows 07-06-2008 11:51 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
5 days. My first switch from day shift to night shift. By the time my body wanted to sleep it was time to go to work again. I watched Fight Club a lot that week. Got more than a little paranoid.

cmerritt 07-06-2008 01:03 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
4 1/2 days. i went on a trip to 5 countries in europe and the time zones threw me off big time.

calvino 07-06-2008 03:38 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Foxy

If that's true then you're an insomniac, like me. It's a common condition among energetic people. I often sleep only three or four hours a night. I go to bed at the normal time (1am lets say) and I then lie there for an hour to see if I can sleep. If not, I get up and do something until I feel tired, which can often run to 5am. I refuse to start taking sleeping drugs because I don't want to rely on them for the rest of my life. I have my good and bad nights, last night I slept normally for example, 1am to about 10am, but I put that down to the fact that I was building a ramp all day. Exercise is the key.

As for how long I've stayed awake, that would be about three full 24 hour days. We once started a party straight after work on Friday night, partied the whole weekend, went to work on monday most of us in the same clothes (was a battle to stay awake that day), then slept on Monday night. I was about 18 back then, I don't think I could do it these days.
i used to (and still suffer) from that, its a pain, i get tired, and i want to sleep, so i get in bed, and i can't sleep forever, as for the longest time awake, gosh, prob 1 full night sleepless, some nights i used to only sleep for like 1-2 hrs (more like lying there 1/2 awake and asleep) and then waking up, i did that for about 3 days i think, i can't stand timezone shifts... such a pain[>:]

st_dragn_wagen 07-06-2008 04:18 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
probably about 20 hours. got about 4 1/2 hours sleep, got up at 6am. went to bed about 11pm. wasn't tired, couldn't sleep. so as usual i just listened to the radio and ended up falling asleep between 2 and 3 AM. got up a little after 8:30am the next morning no problem
i don't require much sleep, i typically don't get real tired and i typically don't sleep well. back in high school i was living on about 4 1/2 to 5 hours of sleep and it was plenty.
usually about once or twice a month i will go to bed about 1am and lay there awake tell i have sunlight coming through my bedroom windows before i go to sleep. then im up at 9am and its all good. those are actually some of my most productive days. then ill get like 6 hours sleep the next night to balance it out. then im a zombie the next day cause i got to much sleep and it wrecks me sleeping that night.

i have found that caffeine of all things will knock me out and help put me to sleep, go figure

s7jstep1 07-06-2008 08:58 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
for our senior trip we ent to disneyland. i got up at like 4:30am, the bus left red bluff at 6:00am. we arrived at the hotel at about 4:30pm, we left for california adventure at 9:00pm and at 12:00pm we switched to disneyland. we stayed in disneyland until 6:00 am and i finally got to go to sleep at 7:00 am when we arrived at the hotel. i slept until 10:00am and then it was off to newport beach for the day and then to a dinner show until like 11:00pm. i was sooooooo tired lol

pede_187 07-06-2008 09:39 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
Half an hour. I went to sleep at 5:30 AM and woke up at 6 AM.

RC_Basher20 07-06-2008 09:40 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

Half an hour. I went to sleep at 5:30 AM and woke up at 6 AM.
what the heck!? lol

sgtcat 07-06-2008 10:00 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: hockeyplaya20


Quote:

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

Half an hour. I went to sleep at 5:30 AM and woke up at 6 AM.
what the heck!? lol
lol.***?can he read?

sgtcat 07-06-2008 10:01 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
ha
w
t
f
?
i
g
o
t

b
e
e
p
e
d
!

RC_Basher20 07-06-2008 10:01 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
lol de-te-de

A.B.U 07-06-2008 10:19 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
hmm.. the other day i stayed up from 11 am till the next day at around 9pm.. so..

34 hours. I wanna beat that, though :P

warheadforever 07-07-2008 10:00 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
The longest I have stayed up is about 40 hours, because my dad was in the hospital. Then I only got about a hour of sleep each night after that for about a week because of worry.

Checkpointracer 07-07-2008 10:24 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
If I get less than 8 hours of sleep each night I'm very tired and worn out the next day. Sometimes I may even get sick.[:@]

Frozen72 07-07-2008 10:57 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
I've gone 2 days straight.

Lunchboxer 07-07-2008 11:06 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 

Perfect for being a RCU mod! :D


Quote:

ORIGINAL: Foxy

If that's true then you're an insomniac, like me. It's a common condition among energetic people. I often sleep only three or four hours a night. I go to bed at the normal time (1am lets say) and I then lie there for an hour to see if I can sleep. If not, I get up and do something until I feel tired, which can often run to 5am. I refuse to start taking sleeping drugs because I don't want to rely on them for the rest of my life. I have my good and bad nights, last night I slept normally for example, 1am to about 10am, but I put that down to the fact that I was building a ramp all day. Exercise is the key.

paintstikker 07-07-2008 11:48 AM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
Maybe 25 hours? I dunno, I can stay up as long as I need to with the right amount of music and coffee pffft...

The_Shark 07-07-2008 03:04 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
woke 5 in the morning, stayed up all day and night, then slept the next night at 9:30pm

it was a "sleep" over :eek:

The_Shark 07-07-2008 03:10 PM

RE: What is the longest you ever went without sleeping?
 
just a little tidbit about sleep, you sleep to restore chemicals in your brain and prossess others, memory is also "downloaded" in sleep if the cycle is interouped you get very tired, if you go without sleep for 3-4days, you will begin to halucinate as your brain is not functioning correctly, you will suffer lack of memeory and can sleep without warning, after 7-8 days without sleep, the body goes into recovery mode and will actually knock you out, if you some how dont fall asleep you will die shortly after this.

i belive the longest anyone has gone without sleep (not even naps) is over 9days, why he did it i dont have a clue.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 AM.