RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   eBay issure (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/8556945-ebay-issure.html)

nitrozach54 03-08-2009 06:05 PM

eBay issure

I recently bought a used car off eBay. In the photo, there were extra servos and the description said "buying as is."
I did not receive the servos and later saw them for sale on the sellers store. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get what i paid for or if I can't do anything.
I did contact the sell and he has been avoiding contacting me and ignoring my messages when I told him about the issue. So, eBay veterans, Is there anything I can do?

Foxy 03-08-2009 06:06 PM

RE: eBay issure

Yes, there is. Ask for your money back. If he won't give it, open a paypal dispute. Simple.

He will most likely send you the servos, rather than give you a full refund.

nitrozach54 03-08-2009 06:08 PM

I do not really want to send the car back, I want to keep it.
What would a paypal dispute do for me? My idea was for the seller to give me the money that he earned for selling the servos.

Foxy 03-08-2009 06:19 PM

Your only option is the one I gave you. I understand you don't want to send the car back, and as I said, hopefully that won't be necessary.

You can file a dispute with paypal relating to the description, but if he didn't specifically mention the servos in the auction description, then you are out of luck. I have posted stuff on ebay before with pictures showing all kinds of other RC equipment in the shot, which are unrelated to the auction. I would have laughed if someone had said to me 'I saw a multiplex rhino (a $100 servo in europe) in one of the pictures, send it to me'.

Since the auction is ended you can post a link to it. Maybe that will help us advise you.

nitrozach54 03-08-2009 06:24 PM

car
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7#ht_500wt_924
And the servos
http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Parts-Futaba-Servo-S9202-
S3003-Gear-
Set_W0QQitemZ190291127327QQihZ009QQcategoryZ44028
QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ht_548wt_92

Wild YFZ 450 03-08-2009 06:53 PM

The Auction said nothing bout servos in it...

redfisher1974 03-08-2009 06:54 PM

Since the auction is ended you can post a link to it. Maybe that will help us advise you.
Ah you can post a link to ebay after the auction is done...I did not know that...

nitrozach54 03-08-2009 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

The Auction said nothing bout servos in it...
"and extra misc parts."
Ithe items in the picture were clearly set aside for the pictures and the auction buying as is. I do not think I was stupid to think that I would be receiving everything in the picture.

DaveG55 03-08-2009 07:41 PM

I just looked at the original ad and I agree with zach. I would have expected to recieve those servos as well. They were clearly in the photo with the other "extr parts". Having said that you can try to persue the issue with e-bay and Pay-Pal. I'd start by sending him one more e-mail saying that if you don't get everything that was included in the auction that you will open a Pay-Pal dispute. If you don't hear from him, open the dispute. Pay-Pal will want to know the details so be sure to keep copies of the auction (both of them), payment records and any/all corospondence with the seller.

I think you deserve to get the servos or at least their value.
Good luck

redfisher1974 03-08-2009 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I just looked at the original ad and I agree with zach. I would have expected to recieve those servos as well. They were clearly in the photo with the other "extr parts". Having said that you can try to persue the issue with e-bay and Pay-Pal. I'd start by sending him one more e-mail saying that if you don't get everything that was included in the auction that you will open a Pay-Pal dispute. If you don't hear from him, open the dispute. Pay-Pal will want to know the details so be sure to keep copies of the auction (both of them), payment records and any/all corospondence with the seller.

I think you deserve to get the servos or at least their value.
Good luck
I agree he owes you for the servo's

Foxy 03-09-2009 05:18 AM

After reviewing the auction, I concur. Your option is still to open a dispute and be prepared for the seller to tell paypal that he will refund you if you want. At that point you will still have the option to say you are happy with the deal in the end and will not take the matter further. It's a difficult one that.

Foxy 03-09-2009 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Ah you can post a link to ebay after the auction is done...I did not know that...
The goal of our policy on ebay links is to prevent people advertising their auctions, or potentially finding excuses to advertise the auctions of associates. If there is a genuine and validated reason to link an auction, provided it is not the poster's own, it may not be removed, finished or not. This is however very rare, most will be removed.

This ebay link above falls more under the category of 'necessary to add value to the post and the OPs question'.

Bottom line is that ebay links may be deleted at the management's discretion.

redfisher1974 03-09-2009 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

The goal of our policy on ebay links is to prevent people advertising their auctions, or potentially finding excuses to advertise the auctions of associates. If there is a genuine and validated reason to link an auction, provided it is not the poster's own, it may not be removed, finished or not. This is however very rare, most will be removed.

This ebay link above falls more under the category of 'necessary to add value to the post and the OPs question'.

Bottom line is that ebay links may be deleted at the management's discretion.
I get it....Thanks

Mr. Mugen 03-09-2009 07:43 AM

I say the servo's should have been shipped. They were obviously in the pic on purpose. If they were in the background that is one thing but they were intentionally in the pic to add value. I would file the dispute if I felt ripped off.

Kevin

P.S. He can give a partial refund as well....not just a whole refund.

Foxy 03-09-2009 07:51 AM

Mr Mugen, yeh, that is an option, but the seller is within his right to demand the model back and give a full refund in order to resolve the dispute (paypal will also consider the dispute resolved at that point, so it's not like he can complain or anything). Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

nitrozach54 03-10-2009 07:02 PM

Thanks for all your help, i sent the seller an email and he has agreed to send me $9.
I would have liked the servos better tho..

Krazy Chicken 03-10-2009 07:03 PM

congrats on getting something in return

DaveG55 03-10-2009 07:17 PM

Yeah, the servos would have been better. You'll likely not find 2 servos for $9. But at least it's something.