Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

NightFlyyer- Dave Herbert

Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
debay
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NightFlyyer- Dave Herbert

There are lots of RC enthusiasts out there that review new products, explore new ways to modify existing RC craft, or just go out and create their own. However, there are not very many that do it with the same attention to detail and desire to help other Rc lovers. Now, I dont think that Dave Herbert is some sort of RC deity, but the man has done a lot for the industry as a whole over the years. He has been around since the time when you had to make most of your own equipment and thetools to work on it. He has seen a lot of changes over the decades andIm sure if you dug through some patent files you would find his name and/orinfluence in a lot of innovations and products. I think its only fair that someone pay homage to Mr. Herbert and what he has done for the world of RC. I know that he was a pilot of an RC fighter in Blue Thunder, has invented or at least designed some of his own useful items such as the hat cam, eyeglass cam, the first electric tail rotor on an RC helicopter, new rotorless helicopters,andthe helicopter trainer stand, I have seen videos where he takes bits and parts and makes a completely fliable bird, or takes everyday objects and modifies them for RC use.

How has Nightflyyer helped you or inspired you?

For me, watching his videos was responsible ( my wife blames him, lol )for rekindling my desire to fly and for giving me a few ideas for airplane mods and quick fixes. Thank you Dave for taking the time to make your videos and sharing your knowledge.

anyone else?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Bundubasher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NightFlyyer- Dave Herbert

Wow, this is quite remarkable..and sounds like somebody that is really enjoying himself....
Old 11-25-2010, 02:39 PM
h.hughes
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: NightFlyyer- Dave Herbert

I have watched all of Dave's youtube videos and I feel like I know him somewhat, his kindness and generosity shows through.
He has helped me some and entertained a bunch, I even got a little misty eyed watching his tribute to his dog.
   With all the absolute garbage that is online, Dave Herbert ( nightflyyer) is a cool breath of fresh air.
                         Thanks Dave for all the hours of enjoyment , ( hope he sees this )

Bob,  aka H.Hughes aka loflyer
Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM
RickC2

I know this is an old thread but Dave's house just burned down and he lost everything except his wife and cats. Really sad, I have watched his videos for years. I hope he comes out of this OK.

RickC2