Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Flight simulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Flight simulator

Can I fly now?

I have been practicing with an Aerofly 5 simulator

And now, my crash to land ratio is down from 100 to 1

To about 1 in 10

Do you think I am ready to fly a extra 260?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flight simulator

Hi, welcome to RCU.

I don't think so mostly because of the plane you listed.

Beyond that if I understand your ratios now you may crash 10% of the time , and it may be good idea to get a trainer type plane and buddy box.

I shouldn't preach though since my ratio probably wasn't even that good when I first tried by myself. If you are willing to spend the money for crashes then it would be fine.

Fly a few dozen flights on the SIM while you add up parts and repairs and see if you'd be willing to "buy that" Also bear in mind that the crash ratio on the SIM may not be an accurate indicator of your RC crash ratio.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 PM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

went out to air field today with the extra 300 electric BNF.  was able to fly plane twice, very fast.  just like when i used simulator.  i landed plane twice.  not a scratch on it.  it was very windy.  i was able to do rolls, knife edge, loops, bank turns, box pattern flight.  very fun!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 PM
tapkoote

sounds like a set up
Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

ORIGINAL: cshahrdar

went out to air field today with the extra 300 electric BNF. was able to fly plane twice, very fast. just like when i used simulator. i landed plane twice. not a scratch on it. it was very windy. i was able to do rolls, knife edge, loops, bank turns, box pattern flight. very fun!!!
Sounds like you're ready after all. Nice job.