Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: when/how did you know you wanted children or not?

Nothing else you can do in life will be so rewarding and heartbreaking.  Extra money and time will be a thing of the past, but you get what you put in and much more.
    There is no replacement for displacement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get A Life

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This thread has been a very interesting read:
    "Real Life Issues" from the perspective of serious hobbiests.

There have been some very heartfelt posts from men who have certainly paid their dues.
    The one lesson here that jumps out for me is that you only get to go around once.

As to the appropriateness of this thread? Well, this is the Clubhouse.

From the number of posts saying "Close this thread!" and the like, it is obviously pushing the "uncomfortable button" with some folks.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have to ask when you are in your mid 30's, you are to immature to even think about kids. Time to grow up.

NEVER wanted them NEVER will!
    Fun working on it and have done so all my life!
    Keep your life simple...stay single and don't become a BREEDER!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I already posted an answer, but I have no problem with him asking this question here. It will effect his life and his hobby, so it fits in this forum. I don't agree that one will know when they are ready, one will never know what type of person you are until you get into the situation, most people who care will do fine, everyone will make mistakes, you just try to do the best that you can. I am one of those people that are never %100 percent certain of any decision that I make, and with most tough decisions, I think very few people are fully certain, just do what you think is the best and keep asking, soon you will be satisfied with your questions. Did you know when you were ready to fly your newest plane?

Jon
    Tiger 2 brotherhood #14
    The Common flyer, best of the lousiest, and lousiest of the best.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another RCU thread for the trash bin.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought this was an rc site ,not the Dr. Phil show. You are on the wrong site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jpjamie

NEVER wanted them NEVER will!
    Fun working on it and have done so all my life!
    Keep your life simple...stay single and don't become a BREEDER!
    Arn't you the spawn of " breeders"? I call my folks Mom and Pop. Simple = Self absorbed scaerdy cat.

Rrragman
    \"Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be. But half the bee has got to be, vis-Γ*-vis its entity - d\'\'you see?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flyfast198

I thought this was an rc site ,not the Dr. Phil show. You are on the wrong site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, Yes,Yes you nailed it!
    \"Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be. But half the bee has got to be, vis-Γ*-vis its entity - d\'\'you see?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My wife and I never had any children but I am blessed daily by others "little angels"!!

Need I say more??

SPEEDY

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When? In 7th grade science class, I was 11.
    I feel sorry for those that can't have children.
    I pity those that don't for selfish reasons.

It is the greatess part of being a human animal.

I recommend not missing this boat.
    Oops!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got married to my wife when I was 21. I am now 34. My son was born when I was 24 (July of 2001) - I was scared as hell! There I was, still a kid myself, taking care of this little guy. I hoped an prayed every night that I would not do wrong by him.

My daughter was born in October of 2004. Again I was scared, but not near as much as the first time around.

Yes, kids will take a lot of time at first. Yes, you MUST have a great woman to raise those kids with - I have several friends that are single parents, and I see how they struggle.

Now, my kids are 10 and 7. At this point, I have a lot more time to do the things I want to do. My kids still come first, but I take my son to the field with me. He's on his second plane and doing very well.

My daughter is a "mommy's girl", and loves to do girlie things with her mom. Yes, she still loves daddy time, and hangs out with me in the basement/garage.

Someday, sooner than I think, both of them will be gone. I'll have all the time I want at that point to do all the things I put on hold while they were little. The good news is that I'll only be 46 when my youngest heads off to college, so I'll have plenty of years left (hopefully) to enjoy all the things I want to do.

Like one of the previous posters said, there is no good time to have kids. But life changes in so many positive ways once your child is born - flying didn't matter much after my kids were born, and I gave it up in 2004 until 2009 to just be daddy. Yes, they still need me, but I have time to fly now. I do a lot of product reviews for RCU, and spend a lot of time alone in the basement after they are asleep. That way my reviews don't take time away from them.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but there it is - my story.

P.S. yes, my wife changed after our first child was born, but she's pretty well back to the way she was when I married her - just 13 years older! And yes, I still love her very much! (Even if she IS a pain the ***** sometimes... )
    Ultra Sport Brother #68
    Cub Brother #62
    SIG Brother #100
    Even the smallest good deed is better than the greatest intention.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Funny how a few bashing this thread have only posted on RCU a few times...Typical
    If someone needs help and you have the means to do so, jump in! If you don't MOVE ON!!!
    Nosen Cessna 310 Club Member #54

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can't count the amount of women in their 30's and 40's that I'm dating, and have dated, that have young kids under the age of 5 years old. Seems to me that once a woman has a kid, her next step is to divorce her husband. All of these women thought nothing more of their ex-husband than just someone they despise who has to send them a check each month. Believe me, they are all the same. I date them for a while, and then leave them. They are not relationship material ... they are only good for a month or two. Then they get on my nerves too. I can only put up with them for a short while, then onto the next.

So, if you want a kid, expect to be divorced in a few years and pay some angry woman that hates you lots of money each month.

I never had, or wanted kids. I made a very good choice. I did get married, and am now happily divorced for 15 years. I'm sure my divorce would have been much worse if I had kids. I'm better off, very happy, have money to do what I want, live well, and have no problems. It would not have been this way if I had kids.
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This may have already been said. But it was told to me and I find it to be very true. It you wait til you're "ready" to have kids, you'll probably never have them. We put it off as long as we could because my wife was in college, then pharmacy school. I've always been one to say people need to be able to take care of themselves before introducing others into the mix. Anyway, fast forward a bunch of years, and I was 42 when we had our first, and 45 when we had our second. Now we have two little cuties, ages 11 and 8, and I simply cannot imagine life without them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My first wife miscarried so I really didn't want any kids for a while. Being the oldest of 7 I didn't have any desire to listen to another screaming baby and dreaded when mom and dad announced that there was one more in the oven. Finally on my second and now present old lady we decided that we wanted one, just one. I was 35 when she concieved, where you're at now, my son will be 25 next month. She told me that she was giving me a son so that I'd have someone to share my toys with and that she did.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When my Wifie-poo came to me and said give me kids or ill get them from someone else.[&o] .
    The Large Lineman
    James Smith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How do you get along with her? Because having your first kid puts a strain on your marriage. If she is a good woman, doesn`t spend all the money living at the mall, and you get along with her well, that`s the foundation.. If you find a woman that you can get along with and doesn`t start a fight over everything, you have a good woman. I have the perfect one.She is the bread winner and works her ass off. I work too. Been married 18 yrs with two kids. Get on with your life. My kid plays high school baseball and i love going to the games. You make a lot of friends with other parents and get involved with the community. My younger girl is a blast. Yes, they do give me hell at times. Guess what, that is life. You don`t want to be 80yrs old trying to throw the ball with your kid. Again, if you have a good woman, stop looking and get on with your life.
    Always looking towards the sky.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Before you and your girlfriend decide to have kids you should be on the same page with regards to faith, money, kids, and inlaws. Before we were married, my wife told me that if I was not interested in having kids then move along. If you don't have a solid marriage don't have kids. It's not fair to the kids or each other. Having kids really forced me to become less selfish - having to put others first is part of being mature. And one more thing, when you elect to have children, be advised that you are truly rolling the dice. There are life threatening complications that can arise, there can be developmental issues, and you actually care what kind of a world your children are going to inherit. That being said, I don't think there is any greater joy. And, if you do have kids someday, you'll cease being one of those self-absorbed dinks (Dual Income No Kids) who thinks to themselves "There must be more to life than work and material goods" and starts exploring with existentialism.
    And while there are lots of single moms out there I don't believe for a minute that they all just up and dumped their husbands after getting pregnant. Plenty of husbands bail after they have kids because they can't make the adjustment or did not think it through. And this is a good topic to bring up in the Clubhouse, as many others have said. I have found RC flying fields and events to be very "family friendly" and my kids enjoy the interaction with other adults. I've found many a kindred spirit at the field, and strangers have shown us all great kindness the kind of example I want my kids to see.
    My two cents.
    Sam
    Daddysam
    Corsair Brotherhood #26, Spitfire Brotherhood #7
    Hawker Hurricane Brotherhood (future?)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is Wifie-poo from Kentucky by any chance?
    "We’re retrieving the seed — then we’re done defending the humans."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow!!
    How did that tree get there???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To bring someone into this world just because of a clock ticking would ne a selfish act
    I don\'\'\'\'t always crash, but when I do!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Kids are great, but...,

What could this possibly have to do with RC??Β* You, or the mods, should move it to one of the off-topic forums. That's what they're there for.

Β*Β*
    Several have made similar remarks. A greater number have offered thoughtfull comments.

I would recommend that those who reside in the USA remember that we are blessed by the First Amendment to The Constitution of The United States. You do not have to read or respond to any of these posts. Including this one.

jess

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As to the appropriateness of this thread? Well, this is the Clubhouse.  From the number of posts saying "Close this thread!" and the like, it is obviously pushing the "uncomfortable button" with some folks.
    The Clubhouse is for RC-related posts, as many have been advised in the past.  This thread is yet another example of how inconsistent the mods are.

I and many others have family stories we could share, and we do. In the proper place.

Asking for advice of such a personal nature on an RC site shows immaturity. I would suggest you'd be better served by a few sessions with a family counselor.

C'mon mods, show us some courage and consistency. Move this or lock it.   
    I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast