Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Has the cost of shipping impacted your ability to sell online?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Has the cost of shipping impacted your success selling online?

0 0%
  • Do you still sell your items online?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Selling/shipping has become TOO EXPENSIVE!

Has anyone else noticed how expensive it has become to ship items?

Stark example: I just ordered a set of Hostetler plans that were in the same exact sized shipping tube and the exact same weight as a set I ordered in 2009.
    In 2009, the cost to ship USPS Priority was $8.70. Shipping the same item in 2013 was $18.35; a 210% INCREASE!

I recently sold a Zenoah GT80. Shipping USPS Priority, insured, across the U.S. was nearly $50! Add 3% PayPal fees and the "seller" simply cannot ask or expect to receive a reasonable price for the item.
    I use the U.S. Postal service because it is convenient, but UPS is NO CHEAPER. In some cases, UPS is even more expensive.

Shipping a large or heavy box is insanely expensive.
    I DO NOT know HOW the online companies can ship for free or for under $10…!?

My ‘gripe’ is that online selling has become cost-prohibitive! And not to get political, but... the 800 pound gorrilla is that U.S. Postal Service prices have gone through the roof due to government inefficiencies!!
    IT is THESE types of inflated costs to every-day consumers that are in FACT "hidden taxes" that impact us all!
    The older I get, the faster I was...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'll play Devil's Advocate. I think the USPS has been subsidized by taxpayers (maybe as it should be?) for decades and, with increased competition and reduced usage due to the internet, prices are rising.

If the USPS isn't to your liking, go with UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. Oh wait, their costs are higher! Got it.

I've done a fair amount of selling via the eBay/PayPal cabal, and quit when their take went past 30%! They rip off the small sellers and give reduced rates to commercial operators. It's obvious that the small sellers, who gave them their start, are now no longer wanted.
    I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!