Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Mark Powell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduce myself

Hi, I'm new, joined yesterday October 1st 2017.
Live in the UK, near Southampton. Building model planes since about 1958.

Current collection - all in flying condition:
BVM Electra made from the now discontinued kit. Fitted with their Air Blue retracts and a Schubeler 120mm HST fan on 12S (it's lighter than the BVM unit and easier to obtain in Europe)
Black Horse Viperjet with Schubeler 90mm HST fan on 10S
Bell X-2 (scale - scratch built own design) with Schubeler HST 90 mm fan on 12S (This is a very powerful fan, and with a powerful 90mm fan rather than a 120mm unit the incorrect but essential NASA type flush intakes are small so don't notice.) I chose the X-2 as I like the early US rocket planes and it is the only one that has actual proper size wings rather than flippers.
Sig Rascal made from the kit.
Multiplex Graffiti hotliner (fiberglass fuselage, foam/balsa wing kit)
Vic Smeed Debutante (plan) This cute plane get taken to the field every time I go.
Vic Smeed Chatterbox (plan)

That's it for electrics, the rest are all glows. I'm fed up with electrics except for ducted fans, with all the charging etc. What with shavers, phones, garden tools, a portable DAC for car audio, etc. I seem to spend half my life plugging things into chargers

Flair Attilla (kit) OS30 4-stroke
Junior 60 (kit) OS 35 2-stroke
Mercury Aeronca sedan ('Vintage Models' replica of 1952 UK Mercury kit) MVVS 20 2-stroke. Why MVVS? It's rather a 'left field' choice, but OS, my favoured manufacturer, seems to have given up on small high quality ball raced 2-strokes and they have also dropped the 30 4-stroke like I have in the Attilla above.
Hirobo Shuttle heli (kit, not the later ARTF) modified to CCPM. OS 37 2-stroke
Astro Hog (from original 1958 plan) OS 91 2-stroke
Flair SE5 (kit) RCV 58 'rotary' 4-stroke
Graupner Bolkow Monsun (ARTF) RCV 58 'rotary' 4-stroke
Great Planes Cosmic Wind 'Little Tony' scale pylon racer (ARTF) OS91 pumped 4-stroke
Bill Werwage Ares (plan) control line stunter modified for radio. OS 35 2-stroke
Keil Kraft Spectre (plan) control line stunter modified for radio. MVVS 20 2-stroke
Juri Sirotkin Spacehound (plan) control line stunter modified for radio. OS46 2-stroke. These 'classic' control line stunters look good and make terrific 3D R/C models
Topflite Spitfire MK9 (kit) OS81 4-stroke. All I can say is they probably don't have many Spitfire MK9's in the USA to look at
Airsail Auster AOP9 (kit ) OS48 4-stroke. By model standards it is very underpowered with the OS48 so you have to fly it in a 'full size' manner, which turns out to be quite good.
Wolfgang Matt Superstar (plan) OS61 2-stroke. The most precise F3A model I've ever flown. Has a VERY thick wing which gives 'constant speed through manoevers'.
Hanno Prettner Magic (plan) OS91VRDF rear exhaust 2-stroke. This plane needs a rear exhaust/tuned pipe engine and I found this long obsolete but unused DF engine in a model shop. It's why I built the plane. Works fine on a propeller at lower RPM with a pipe suited to lower RPM than DF use..

Other interests:
I'm an obsessive fly fisherman for trout on our local River Test.
Real Ale and British pub curries.

Last edited by Mark Powell; 10-02-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:58 PM
robertmace

Welcome!!
Old 12-22-2022, 09:38 PM
Johnwatsonusa

Welcome mark... I hope you will enjoy this forum.Actually, i am also new in this forum community.