Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

the flying stick

Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Arizona RCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the flying stick

Has anyone heard about the flying stick?
When I was just starting out in rc flight my instructor teached me to fly beith this strsngsilsile werid rc airplane, it looks bothersome it was mostly all wings and tail, attached to aluminum rod.
It look very crude .. Like bs rubber band powered balsa wood glider.. But these crude looking rsyc planes was kind of expensive s lot money for crude rc airplane that is used as trainer

Now these daysv they large electric foamy trainer rc planes thatb.teach to fly
​​​​​​​Foam.is now mainly used for electric rc airplanes makes them more durable easy to repair.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:44 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
The Slow Stick has been around a very long time ,was and is a very slow , very easy to fly and very durable plane.
GWS Slow Stick

Before that were balsa wood Sweet Sticks, Ugly Sticks and then Big Sticks and Super Sticks.

Yes , now the trainers are foam and a lot of them have flight stabilization which make it easier for someone to learn to fly on their own.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Arizona RCer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it should be called slow wings because that's all it is wings

For a slow stick it was exspenive
A lot for a simple rc trainer plane.
​​​​​​​For that much I can buy a aprintace trainer plane

Last edited by Arizona RCer; 03-16-2018 at 04:42 PM. Reason: more to say