Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

You aren't seeing things. We are testing an off topic forum here on RCU

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

You aren't seeing things. We are testing an off topic forum here on RCU

Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You aren't seeing things. We are testing an off topic forum here on RCU

That's right...for the first time ever we are testing an off topic forum here. If you have no interest in these posts please:

1) Don't visit this forum
2) Use the MyForum feature here on RCU so you don't have to even see this forum or view new posts from it when clicking "new posts since last visit". MyForum customization can be reached by going into the user options (Settings).

Please keep it clean and civil or moderators will have to intervene. Repeated warnings or serious first offenses may result in a member being put on moderated status or banned. We DO NOT wish to do this to anyone so again just be nice, civil and keep it clean. No politics or religion allowed and of course it must be PG rated with whatever is discussed. Follow those rules and we can have a great forum to get to know fellow members interest and opinions outside of our hobby.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:18 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You aren't seeing things. We are testing an off topic forum here on RCU

Well lookee lookee I am the first poster!!!!!![&:]Let the games begin and thanks Marc!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: You aren't seeing things. We are testing an off topic forum here on RCU

Going to have to get a new flame-proof suit to hang around in here!!!

Ken
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 AM
ClemenTang

Practical question: Is God, Budda, Allah, and Monkey King allowed here?

Clement
Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ClemenTang

Practical question: Is God, Budda, Allah, and Monkey King allowed here?

Clement
i'm guessing the answer is NO but at least we can discuss food....now where did i save those dried dog pictures

dave
Old 09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
mvigod
Banned

clementang - your question is answered in my 1st post in this thread already
Old 09-13-2005, 07:56 AM
ClemenTang

Hey Monkey King is like Spider Man or Santa Claus... or did I say monkey brain?

Clement
Old 10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Hossfly

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

That's right...for the first time ever we are testing an off topic forum here. If you have no interest in these posts please:

1) Don't visit this forum
2) Use the MyForum feature here on RCU so you don't have to even see this forum or view new posts from it when clicking "new posts since last visit". MyForum customization can be reached by going into the user options (Settings).

Please keep it clean and civil or moderators will have to intervene. Repeated warnings or serious first offenses may result in a member being put on moderated status or banned. We DO NOT wish to do this to anyone so again just be nice, civil and keep it clean. No politics or religion allowed and of course it must be PG rated with whatever is discussed. Follow those rules and we can have a great forum to get to know fellow members interest and opinions outside of our hobby.
Would you please explain your definition of "politics"? Are current events "politics" such as discussing the law (IMO unconstitutional in itself) mandating Sep. 17 as "Constitutional Day and Citizenship Day"? Do you consider discussing the ramifications of such things as the coming (2010) "Security and Prosperity Partnership" between Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. as "Politics"? What about such items as the effects on the taxpayers and thus the economy of Federal bail-out of the several disasters on the citizens from the hurricanes?

If so then how and to what degree can individuals really get to know fellow member's "....interest and opinions outside of our hobby"?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Those items you listed would fall under my definition of "politics".... but that's just me.

You will get to know other members to a degree slightly less than if you discussed politics and religion. Surely you can get to know members' interests and opinions outside the hobby by asking questions that are not political or religious in nature.

For instance:

Ford v.s. Chevy

Cabernet v.s. Chardonney

Stros v.s. Sox

Fish or steak.

I'm sure you get the idea.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Hossfly

Actually, my question was directed to the RCU admin. section.

Mike
The idea I get is there are not many really-important topics in some people's lives.

I have a difficult time conversing on the Six-Pack and Ball-Game level because I find almost zero interest in those areas.

So many find the same level of interest in my preferences. Oh well, it's their ball-game. Guess they get to pick the sand-lot.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:07 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Figures Hossfly would find a way to complain.
Hossfly is EXACTLY the reason why "no polictics!"
Great, then! If you find everything aside from politics boring, SWELL! You won't be hanging around here! Seeya!
Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 AM
RS4rallydriver

things dont have to be about politics to be interesting. I think that lots of things can be interesting. my reason for this is partly because I think that if you think about anything for long enough it can seem funny. I mean, take potatoes for instance. not very interesting... right? but I've seen some very funny posts about them that reffer to them being launched from potato guns and stuff. and if that ever has anything to do with politics, that could be a problem... lol!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:40 AM
ClemenTang

reminds me of the mass dumping of potatoes into the sea. That was in the 70's?

Clement
Old 08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Dave trimmer

ORIGINAL: MHawker

Those items you listed would fall under my definition of "politics".... but that's just me.

You will get to know other members to a degree slightly less than if you discussed politics and religion. Surely you can get to know members' interests and opinions outside the hobby by asking questions that are not political or religious in nature.

For instance:

Ford v.s. Chevy

Cabernet v.s. Chardonney

Stros v.s. Sox

Fish or steak.

I pick steak

Old 10-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Rustysocket

HC,

Nice to see your still stirrin it up. Kinda like the good old days...... on usenet. Is your buddy K. Kline still around?

No politics... No AMA.. sounds good to me.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

There is a specific AMA forum, and HC is most definitely still stirring it up over there!

Whatever happened to Kevin Kline, anyway?
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 PM
GAZ BE ROTTEN

Ohh nice with a bit of patience things should kick off soon

Old 09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
easyrider1

ginger or maryann
Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 PM
brc51

A1 or Hienz
Old 06-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Pistol Pete

No politics or religion allowed

4 out of 3 folks dont get fractions.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 AM
nimcos

I agree on them not being allowed they're always hot topics...
Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 AM
loosemud

4 out of 5 men who try camels prefer women.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Can the mods post a list of forbidden words, so we'll know?

How about a hotties pic thread, girl of the day, that sort of thing? This forum has real possibilities!

Ed
Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM
nicelife2010
Banned

hotties pic thread? Nice idea for sure.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM
rcjunky67

Shoot , why not both,ha ha

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.