Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Chris Chianelli

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Bosch232
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Chianelli

Just curious if anyone knows the guy or if he is a member of RCU.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
2slow2matter

Default RE: Chris Chianelli

I like him, and his show, but dude, that visor has got to go!
Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 AM
jester125

And those manicured fingernails.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

My wife thinks he's a buffoon.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey

My wife thinks he's a buffoon.
She's not alone...
Old 10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
mirwin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's with the attack? He's just a guy trying to make a living.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Hello,

I am NOT trying to be a Moderator and all, but what's up with the negative comments about CC? These kinds of comments/attacks do no good for any of us here. Remember that we are here to discuss and share with others this wonderful hobby, not to put others down. I won't be suprised if the thread got cut. DP
Old 10-03-2005, 01:10 PM
jester125

I think he does a great job with the show, I Tivo the show all the time. Radio Control Hobbies is far better than the other really bad rc show on the outdoor channel. IMHO I just think the manacure is a little bit goofy.
Chris
Old 10-03-2005, 01:37 PM
simark
My Feedback: (12)

I was watching the RC show with my brother (non RC'er) a few years ago. I was commenting about the show, lack of details etc. and my brother said that it probably wasn't produced with the avid RC'er as it's target audience. If he gets a casual viewer to buy a few products and then enter the hobby, then its good.
It's like watching Norm on New Yankee Workshop. He is always getting criticized by !QUOT!expert!QUOT! woodworkers all over the net, but by gosh, I now have a shop full of cast iron.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:56 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Let's cut the negative response's and yes he is a registered member and deserves the respect that all of you would want.[:@]
Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've worked with Chris a couple times and he's cool. He's an actor doing his job and he's a pretty good RC'r also. ENJOY !!!! RED
Old 10-03-2005, 03:07 PM
BarracudaHockey

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

My appoligies, he's the gold standard embassador to our hobby.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:46 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

I Tivo the show Radio Control Hobbies and I like watching it, but, guys, hands down the better show is Insider RC because KRISTA is a hottie [sm=wink.gif]! If it came down between Chris and Krista, then we all know who would win. Chris is a bit of an oddball, but I like his show. Heck, we all are probably a bit odd.

Krista on the other hand, well, see for youself!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
John Murdoch

I like Chris.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

I personally don't mind watching his show, when its on i tune in. Although I wish that they didn't skip all of the really important stuff when hes building.

And dude if you think that Krista is a hottie then, i have no idea what to tell you. I'm not saying that shes ugly but shes just not very hot.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

I agree that she isn't overly attractive or movie star good looks, but she has something about her that I think is very sexy. She is a very cute girl and maybe those personal floatation devices or her hot bod, or something that makes me think she is a hottie.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: John Murdoch

ORIGINAL: GrnBrt

Let's cut the negative response's and yes he is a registered member and deserves the respect that all of you would want.[:@]
Wait a second here Senior Forum Manager. This is the United States of America.
No, this is not the United States of America. This is RC Universe. There are rules for speech here, and they specifically prohibit degrading and insulting someone.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
mirwin

[/quote]
No, this is not the United States of America. This is RC Universe. There are rules for speech here, and they specifically prohibit degrading and insulting someone.
[/quote]

Very well said.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
mirwin

[quote]ORIGINAL: DrDeath

I Tivo the show Radio Control Hobbies and I like watching it, but, guys, hands down the better show is Insider RC because KRISTA is a hottie [sm=wink.gif]! If it came down between Chris and Krista, then we all know who would win. Chris is a bit of an oddball, but I like his show. Heck, we all are probably a bit odd.

Krista on the other hand, well, see for youself![quote]

And she flies too!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73662.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	333640  
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Bosch232

Ok then.
Well, as the original poster... THAT's not the direction I thought this thread would go.

All I'll say is I think the producers (whether it's him or someone else, I don't know) are GREAT ambassadors for hobbies.

Case in point: I watched a 20 min thing he did on the Estes Stormcaster model rocket, and hell, for 13 bucks I'm going to go build one now. And I never had any inclination to do that, being a 7 year R/C plane guy.

So if you read this thread Chris: Thanks.

*edit* I do freely conced that this Krista that you speak of probably has a nicer butt.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:38 PM
2slow2matter

Well, I may have started the negativity with this thread with the visor comment, and for that I kind of appologize--
It's a great show, and I Tivo it everytime it's on. I don't watch the slot car stuff or things like that, but I like the airplane/helicopter and boat stuff he does. Very entertaining!
but, I still think a hat would be better!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

You must have wanted to be a cop sometime in your life too I'll bet.
As a matter of fact I am a retired Deputy Sheriff! Piper chuck said it quite well and we leave it at that but if someone flamed you I woud also come to your defense!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Interesting... one wonders where all the folks are who said they weren't impressed with him OR the show the last time this came up???

As I said in an another post on another thread, he may be a nice guy; but many of us are not impressed with his antics and for darn sure do not see him as an "ambassador" for this hobby. He reinforces the impression of "adults playing with kid's toys" that many non-r/c'ers have of us, IMO. My adult daughter certainly thought so, after watching him for all of three minutes.

Now; that's MY opinion. If it was insulting/degrading, well.... sin loi, Art!

BTW, John Murdoch... I'm a cop too. What, exactly, does THAT have to do with one's opinion of something???
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: Bosch232

Ok then.
Well, as the original poster... THAT's not the direction I thought this thread would go.

All I'll say is I think the producers (whether it's him or someone else, I don't know) are GREAT ambassadors for hobbies.

Case in point: I watched a 20 min thing he did on the Estes Stormcaster model rocket, and hell, for 13 bucks I'm going to go build one now. And I never had any inclination to do that, being a 7 year R/C plane guy.

So if you read this thread Chris: Thanks.

*edit* I do freely conced that this Krista that you speak of probably has a nicer butt.
That is exactly what I do not like about the show: It's a 30 min commercial for a bunch of R/C "toys" (Megatech, etc), in most cases. Occasianally, a little good info slips through. I just recently came across Inside R/C, and while it is a little better, they dub so much music over everything, that I have been known to turn it off as well. I guess both have their places.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 AM
John Murdoch

I'll try to do this without flaming or upsetting anyone. Folks, my point is there is the somewhat free spirited lune out there trying to project the characteristics of the average modeler. Being a personality, he's subject to critisizm. I personally don't like the guy. So, I just don't watch it. If that's flaming or offends anyone, I'm sorry. Apparently, here, on RCU, you can't be critical of anything or anybody before a "moderator" decides what's appropriate or what isn't.

As far as the cop comment, I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. In fact, my son is an active employee of Las Vegas' finest. Cops have power, no two ways about it. But they also have to have a sense of understanding and common sense. What I was meaning is, I hope the moderators digest what's going on and let free speech, a basis of the American way, even here on RCU go, until someone steps out of bounds before using the power to take premature action or threats.

"Let's cut the negative response's and yes he is a registered member and deserves the respect that all of you would want."

Now come on. People were talking about his manicure and a "moderator" steps in. Well, in my opinion, that shouldn't be flaming/insulting anyone and I didn't think a "moderator" should have even been concerned with the comments being made. Now his hair is a different story!

Anyway, RCU is a great place to come, listen, learn and comment. I just commented. That's all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.