Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

What is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE book on Richthofen?

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

What is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE book on Richthofen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE book on Richthofen?

Hello,

When I was an aerospace engineering student at Wichita State University from 1985-1989, I checked out a book on the life of the Red Baron at the WSU library. It was a large book (more than 8.5X11) and I could tell that it was old , perhaps published in the forties or fifties. I remembered that the book is LOADED with rare pictures from his flying days to his death. Sadly, someone stole the book from the library. I for the next 10 years have not come across a book that has so many pictures of RB. Anyone know this book or know of any books that is the most comprehensive on his life? Thnk you. Dai
Old 10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
feep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the MOST AUTHORITATIVE book on Richthofen?

I had a similar thing happen to me. I checked out a book aat the local library" Fighting the Flying Circus" by Eddie Richenbacker It looked as though it was signed by him! When I went back to reread it it was missing and the name was smugged on the records
.I may have other titles but I was able to lay my hands on 3. The Red Baron edited by Stanley Ulanoff This is an Air Combat Classic printed in 1969. " Manfred Von Richthofen The Man and the Aircraft He Flew" David Baker. Outline Press 1990 and " Under the Guns of the REd Baron" Norman Franks, Hal Giblin and Nigel McCrery. Barns and Nobel Books 1998.