Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Geez, I'm glad I have a hobby!

Old 11-25-2005, 06:26 AM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geez, I'm glad I have a hobby!

Just need to vent a little about Black Friday and the Holiday shopping rush,
prcticularly Wal-Mart and their customers.

Apparently in Orlando, FL a crowd of parking lot campers at a Wal-Mart
raided the electronics dept. for a half-priced laptop that was for sale.
The crowds were out of control where fights broke out and arrests were made.
The report showed employees throwing the laptops in the air into the crowds
where they collapsed on each other in pursuit of one.

The next part showed a young guy throwing punches and being taken
down by WM security...dip*****!!!!!

My question is, how do people let a corporation get such a tight hold on their
nards that they resort to violence in what should have been a better planned
event for such a large corporation...and over a slow, outdated lappy?[X(]
Yeeeah, it's half priced because it's probably a closeout from last years
models.

Shame on you Wal-Mart and to all those moronic hethens involved in the Orlando incident although,
I don't think we heard the last of events like this. This is not what the Holidays are for.

Enjoy your holidays people, don't get involved in this consumeristic blindfold called
"Holiday Shopping". There's better ways to get the things you want and avoid the stress.

Just had to vent...now I will really avoid the crowds and go flying!!!!!

See 'ya in Paradise!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:30 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Geez, I'm glad I have a hobby!

lol I love Black Friday.......ON TV!!!!! ALl the ppl getting trampled, news reports thouing microphones, riots, And not to mention Are Black Friday Gem of 2005' The XBOX 360.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 AM
LuckyArmpit

A comment on these "black friday" items. One of the reasons for the so called limited supply is that before black friday even started, xbox's and laptops were pre-sold to employees first before they even hit the floor. Unfair yes. However, what are you gonna do? File a lawsuit over 200 dollar item? No thanks. If I wanna laptop, I'll go with IBM or another name brand that has the muscle to run today's apps etc. When you buy cheap, thats what your gonna get, cheap!

Dave...
Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
RC-Captain

If these low rate dept. stores were smart they would hold a one day $3 aution for the cheap laptops and would make 50 times the cost of the thing , instead of having people climb over one another for absolutely nothing. If I was the mayor in charge of the city or town I would make it illegal to drop the price on any product to the point of causing mass confusion and destruction amoung humans.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND
If I was the mayor in charge of the city or town I would make it illegal to drop the price on any product to the point of causing mass confusion and destruction amoung humans.

I would hope that no government official (let alone local!) in this nation is ever granted such control over private enterprise. Some, however would likely approve of dictatorships with such power. OTOH, I also approve of each being allowed his own opinion, workable or not.

jess
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
RC-Captain

I would hope that no government official (let alone local!) in this nation is ever granted such control over private enterprise. Some, however would likely approve of dictatorships with such power. OTOH, I also approve of each being allowed his own opinion, workable or not.

THIS IS BULLSHYT, I GUESS ONCE AGAIN YOU HAD NIOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT TO FOLLOW ME AROUND , SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT GETTING A LIFE SIR.

BIG BATE CATCHES BIG RAT !

ps just to fill you in on some LAWS, it is illegal in certain zones to sell certain products below a price set by the government.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:12 PM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

THIS IS BULLSHYT, I GUESS ONCE AGAIN YOU HAD NIOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT TO FOLLOW ME AROUND , SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT GETTING A LIFE SIR.

BIG BATE CATCHES BIG RAT !

ps just to fill you in on some LAWS, it is illegal in certain zones to sell certain products below a price set by the government.
You are always good for a laugh, RC, However some things are worthy of consideration:

1. You should learn to use the spell check function.

2. I do indeed follow the posts of some corespondents who are noted for their experience and expertise . (Sorry, you are not quite there yet. Maybe in a few years.)

3. I am a bit puzzled by this bit about pricing- is your rant about overpricing or underpricing.

4. Why do are you so paranoid about anyone who expresses an opinion that differs from yours? If you have a problem with insecurity there are undoubtedly those who can help you with that.

5 We are into the season that is supposed to encourage goodwill. Why don't you try to chill out just a bit and take advice as it is intended (helpfull) and not be so easily offended?

I gather you are a rather young fellow and you should not exert such unnessary stress on yourself.

Please relax and have a great holliday season. As it causes you such discomfort, please rest assured that I will address you no further.

best wishes

jess
Old 12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
RC-Captain

POINT AND CASE......... I KNEW YOU WERE COMMING .

I can care less about what happens at walmart, I don't shop nor work there.

Happy Holidays to you .

P.S. more than half the stuff you typed has nothing to do with this thread. [:-]