Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

What other hobbies do you have?

Old 10-22-2019, 03:20 AM
carlgrover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Only 2 pages for a thread that was started more than 10 years ago. Durn.

I like to build furniture and ride motorcycles when I'm not crashing airplanes. I also like to collect and restore antique woodworking tools, specifically hand planes. I've got around 3-4 dozen of them. I pick them up mostly at flea markets and antique stores. I have bought a few premium planes from online retailers too. Stuffed into my huge pile of RC junk are 2 antique Harleys, 1 daily commuter Harley, and 1 Honda. The old girls are mostly for Sunday afternoon out in the County rides and I work on them more than I ride them. Fun but they take up too much space. I am at a point right now where I have 10 flyable planes ready to go whenever I want. So I'm going to stop building for a while and switch to something else. I may build a piece of furniture and I need to paint a new tourpak for one of my bikes. Next year I'll get back to RC building with a giant scale something.

Carl
Old 10-22-2019, 08:17 PM
50+AirYears

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Kind of added a new hobby since I retired and moved to SC. House maintenance.