Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Sheldon's Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Don't Order from Sheldon's Hobbies

I do not care how bad their phone etiquette is

it still 60%off, now quityer*****in and go buy some supplies
at ridiculously low after taxed prices
Old 01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
msimi
My Feedback: (1)

60% off is real ea!1sy when you have nothing to sell!! I did go there today. It's an empty store!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
zagger

Hi,
This is my first post here on the forum. I've been going down to Sheldon's a bunch since the 50% sale. It was like a free for all. They were letting us go behind the counters and into the warehouse. That was going on for a few days. A couple of days ago, Diane was chasing off guys from behind the counter and the warehouse was off limits. There must have been theft going on. As for bad experiences at Sheldon's, I had a guy treat me like crap over the phone. When I was in the store he started trash talking me in front of some customers because I made a complaint about him. It was years ago. I usually know what I want and I buy my stuff and leave. Since that first bad experience, I haven't had any issues with anyone.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ShaneUSMC

Mike,
I always like to write peoples names down when I talk to them. That way, when they are rude, I call back and ask to talk to a supervisor. Or I ask to talk to their supervisor while there on the phone (if you can). See how quickly they change their tune when you ask to talk to someone that can affect their paycheck.

------------

I'm with Shane. Not buying from Sheldon's cheats you from having access to some of their unique products, without the owner(s) ever knowing anything about the rude service that you received.

I've been dealing with Sheldon's Hobbies off and on for many years. On the whole, their service is not purchase inspiring, but sometimes if you want a particular product, that is the only place that it is available.

I would send them a letter/email/phone call to management and mention your conversation to them, along with the person's name that made the remark. That will definitely make a difference. Complaining here might make a little difference. Might not too.

Ed Cregger
Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drachenstein

I'm from Switzerland and I bought via eBay a Spektrum DX6. The delivery was fast like hell, also the following order of additional receivers was a pleasure since the price was good and the shipping cost very fair.

Also here - immediately after ordering (this time via eMail) a short confirmation and the invoice via paypal dropped in. Very uncomplicated everything compared to many, many other sellers in the US who do not even know about the existence of other countries not to mention to ask them to do complicated things like SENDING something to such suspect countries (which all are outside the US *g*)...

The only thing I was wondering was the communication with Ron via eMail. The communication is very fast and clear, but here's never a "regards" or "thanks" or whatever. First I thought it was a bad day, but it looks as this is just his style.

I'm mean, I get all I need, easy, for a good price and very fast, so I can live without been treated as a friend, so for me the business with him is still a pleasure (but until now I had the luck to have no missing, wrong or broken parts in the box).

--------------

I always think of Sheldon's folks as being transplanted New Yorkers. Then I expect to be treated rudely and without regard. Works for me!

Anyone ever deal with America's Hobby Center. Sheesh!

Ed Cregger
Old 04-07-2007, 06:53 AM
mxr

Hi all
I live in Finland and i see now that all you are saying about Sheldon hoobies and their other shop in Sanjose ;Rc unlimited , is totally true and very sad for the hobby !
I have made the same mistake and ordered some parts for my RC10GT that i can not get over here , First of all it took the guy sometimes up to a week to answer my mails and second they charged me the highest price they could ( i discovered later i could have had everything so much cheaper from Tower Hobbies , up to 30% cheaper )and the second is that teh guy said he sent the parcel on the 12 of march , but i saw from the parcel that it was sent on the 29 of march , as i was worried i send that guy (A.J in Rc Unlimited ) An Email where i got no answer before a week and the last but not the least is that they had allready charged my mastercard on the day of my first order .
But the best was to come when i received the parcel ; No invoice inside , no cedit card ticket , and some parts have been bild but are not even in the parcel !!!!
So do like me all over the World and do not order anything from them as they trully do not care about us (CUSTOMERS)and do not deserve to have our hard earned money !
From now and on , it will be Tower's and no one else ....
Very sad experience for me with Sheldon hobbies as i even sent an Email to that guy and he did not even bother to answer me back ( as he allready has the money ).
Old 04-07-2007, 01:10 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

babbert commented ...
Not buying from Sheldon's cheats you from having access to some of their unique products, without the owner(s) ever knowing anything about the rude service that you received.
Well, I'm thinking the owner himself is/was the problem all along.

The final sequel to my experience was an out-of-the-blue charge on one of my credit cars for the cost of the item originally canceled. [:@] Of course, nobody at the store ever answered the phone (it was on the weekend). It took several weeks - with responsive help from my credit card company - to get the issue resolved. Whatever these bozos are transitioning into now, I hope it is fraught with failure and they go down in flames. Beware eBay buyers.

Mike
Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Vandolay

When in the old store:

The owner treated me very disgracefully. I hope he goes under and his employee's win the sweepstakes. The employees I had been serviced by were great.

My reward for spending a thousand dollars there a couple years ago was ridicule for shortly after asking if the decal set I wanted for a Pica Waco was complete or if I needed to order 2 sheets to make set.

Reply was" You tell me. How the H#ll am I suppossed to know." Sort of yelling and laughing at the same time. A real class act.

After reading the other posts my wishes seem to have come true. Karma. Do unto others, all that good stuff can come true.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 PM
fletch046

I think you all should know if nobody has mentioned it in this post. I Believe the reason for the big sell off was that sheldons was sold and that is why they moved. It is owned by the same owners of RC Unlimited in san jose off of camden in the cambrian plaza
Old 05-27-2007, 12:53 AM
mxr

ORIGINAL: fletch046

I think you all should know if nobody has mentioned it in this post. I Believe the reason for the big sell off was that sheldons was sold and that is why they moved. It is owned by the same owners of RC Unlimited in san jose off of camden in the cambrian plaza
So this is a second reason to not buy anything from them ever again , as i had my pbs with RC Unlimited and was send to them by Sheldon hobbies , i think it's a kind of groupement of bad shop's and they should rename their shop's to "thiefs and Co ´hobbies"...
What is sad with those people is the fact that after doing such thing's to people , people might not even want to continue in the hobby and just think that hobby shop keaper's are all ass holes ...
Old 08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
BIG BAD MATT

Default RE: Sheldon's Hobbies

SHELDONS HOBBIES IS OK.. I REC GREAT SERVICE, PICKED UP A REVO . TOWERS WANTED 519.99 I GOT AT SHELDONS
FOR 499.99 OUT THE DOOR,, AND THE SALES CLEAK GAVE ME A FREE GALLON OF FUEL. .AAAAAPLUS RATING HERE..
Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
BIG BAD MATT

Default RE: Sheldon's Hobbies

I GOT A GREAT DEAL AT SHELDONS HOBBIES SAN JOSE THEY BEAT TOWERS HOBBIES PRICE ON A REVO 3.3. 499.99
TOWERS WANTED 519.99 THE SALES CLERK WAS REAL FRIENDLY AND GAVE ME A FREE GALLON OF GAS TO BOOT, ,
AAAAPLUS RATING FROM ME . .
Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 PM
icabod
My Feedback: (29)

Has anybody ever reported this company to the Better Business Bureau? Maybe someone should.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 AM
mxr

ORIGINAL: icabod

Has anybody ever reported this company to the Better Business Bureau? Maybe someone should.
As i am in Finland it would not do them any harm whatsoever but i think all the guys that have enough of them in US should really try to do something about them as they are killing the passion of the hobby out of a lot of peoples !
Old 01-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Krunk

The red headed clerk is a drunken nut job!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
jjglennon

If you were calling to cancel the order anyway, why did you give them the runaround on the phone first?
Politeness is usually a two-way street.
John
Old 01-13-2010, 04:36 PM
dfmock

Guys,

I've had the same complete lack of respect and customer service at Sheldon’s Hobbies in San Jose. Trying to call them and get information is joke, the phone goes unanswered 24/7. I called to cancel an order they promised way back in November. No reply, call, email, nada, jack...

I don't think they ever had the product in stock!

Never again do business with Sheldon's Hobbies. They suck.