Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

Is it just me? Or have more of you had this problem?

Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Is it just me? Or have more of you had this problem?

Old 06-18-2009, 05:10 PM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me? Or have more of you had this problem?

Lately I find myself opening my mouth without thinking about what is coming out. I rarely had that problem when I was younger, but now, I'm going to be 42 this year, I seem to find myself doing it more and more.
At my workplace, I'm the Shop Foreman and Driveability Technician. I'm the guy that everyone else comes to for answers. I don't know if that's it, I prematurely think that i'm right automatically, and that causes me to be closed minded? Or if i'm just forgetting things that used to be second nature?
It is really making me have to look inside myself and take stock...........
I know in my personal life i'm spread kinda thin, there's many things that Ilike to do, and I try to do all of them at the same time...........Lately it's been RC aircraft, drums, guitar, doing favors for friends and neighbors, and the list goes on. I think spreading too thin has reduced my concentration level.
I don't think i'll be posting any advice here for awhile, at least until I know that the advice i'm giving is going to help someone, not hinder them.
If anyone has any thoughts, good or bad, i'd like to hear them.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is it just me? Or have more of you had this problem?

Welcome to the '40s. You are not alone. I went through it, and now have 2 sons just coming out of the '40s and a stepson same age as you. He was a pretty fair guy until recently. Seems to have a lot of worry about what to do in his life. Stay with his humdrum job, or branch out on his own. Lots of questions. He could do it Ok but it's his choice to make.

Hang in there. You will make it!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it just me? Or have more of you had this problem?

Thanks Hoss, i'm hanging in there. Ijust hate the thought of telling someone something, and sticking to my guns (as Ialways subbornly do), and then find out Ididn't give the right info because I didn't think it through. I take a lot of pride, too much for my own good, in knowing that (this is going to sound horrible) i'm right when I say something.
But lately, today most recently, Igot into a discussion here on the boards, and realized that Iwas missing a big part of the equation in my posts. An equation thatI KNEW the whole time, just didn't put 2 and 2 together.
It's been happening too often lately, so it's time to take a step back and reevaluate............
Time to open ears and shut mouth!!!