Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

"Spotted" thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Spotted" thread

See something unique, rare, or one of your favorite aircraft flying around; post it here. Pictures are optional of course.
I saw a Cessna 310 fly over my house yesterday and had no one to tell. That's what gave me this idea for the thread.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:15 PM
rc airplane nut
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: RE:

Today I saw an amphibian that looked like a Cessna Air Tracter,but the tail was kinda square.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:08 AM
redfox435cat

Default RE:

I saw an aviante' today, coolest looking thing I've ever see.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Thisstrangeengine

Does'nt anyone want to play?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:48 PM
skeeter_ca

Default RE:

Ok, 'bout two weeks ago i was out in my front yard tinkering with the string on my weed-eator. I heard this jet engine noise but it didn't sound the same as the spam cans flying high overhead. I look over at the mountian side and see a C-5 just coming over the top at about 200 feet from the peak. It flew down right in front of me at about 1000' AGL. My jaw hit the ground. It was awesome. I yelled for my son and wife to come look but they could not hear me. Never saw it again and the heavy's don't fly anywhere near that low around here. Wish I had my camera on me.

skeeter
Old 07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE:

I live north of the Air Zoo so I get to see some strange or rare aircraft flying over. Not all of it is in the museum and some get pulled out on special occasions.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
fly boy2

I saw a C-130 fly extremely low over my house once, that was awesome. It turned right and headed toward Fort Cambell. Not to long ago I saw a Chinnook flying very low over my house. I got a vid on my phone, it flew 3 circle and headed of toward the north. There is something about aircraft flying very low that amazes people ( including me). My parents told me,when I was little, at my teeball game. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched as a Chinnook flying very low passed over. From what they told me, they stopped the game while the Chinnook was flying over. I do wish I could remember that.