Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

My new airplane hanger/ workshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new airplane hanger/ workshop

Well, Its been over a month now since they have tried to contact us. After we sent a reply letter that stated we already had it signed off They have not bothered us anymore. The city may have figured it out by now that we are done with this project, either that or they just gave up trying.

David
Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 AM
tommygun32

Wohooo....another win for David ( v Goliath )

Show us more pics when you get the benches and cabinets in man.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
davidgeorge212

And now its back on again. After 8 months of it being signed off now, Our dear old friend "The city of Trussville" has sent us another letter, this time from a law firm. It stated that we must now take out a new permit and "attach" our workshop via a breeze way, again. Go figure!

We returned in kind with another letter that basiclly says. "STOP HARASSING US!"

Unbelievable[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 AM
gunneredwards
My Feedback: (4)

I would definitely get a lawyer. After all the bs is done, you could sue the city for harassment. Contact the DA and see what he has to say about the code of the city. It looks like you are out away from the town, so if nothing else, call it a storage shed and the city can go pack sand.
dan
Old 04-09-2010, 07:00 AM
aerofly0610

Maybe they are just jealous with your workshop.  Although what you call a workshop would be a house for me.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 AM
davidgeorge212

I dont know what it is with them. Seems like its always a wait then pounce game with them. They sent a letter from an attorny and they told us to respond within 10 days or we are in violation of a misdemeaner. We responded and now they wont respond back. Im sure they will be sending more letters, in a few weeks or so.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 AM
davidgeorge212

Well, knock on wood, its been another 4 or 5 months and I think they have given up for good. We havent heard anything in a while after sending a letter back to the city attorny saying we complied with all the regulations, we have a signed off building permit, and we told them to stop harassing us. Hopefully they have stopped for good and we can move on with our lives. Then they can go harass the next guy who wants to build a shop.

I havent updated many pictures of the inside but we are slowly getting it more complete. We got a huge table to work on right in the middle of the room. We also started putting in storage cabnites along the wall to put things in. On the walls we are putting peg board and buying hooks like the hobby shop walls. One corner of our shop now looks like our local hobby shop because we covered it with just about every r/c part you would ever need to build several more planes.

David
Old 03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
davidgeorge212

I hate to rant off topic but thats pretty much what I need to do. The city I live in is just run by a bunch of sick minded individuals. Besides the fact that its been a year and a half since our workshop has been signed off for good, the people running our city are all corrupted by money and greed.

What is happening now is that we used to have a grocery store right in the middle of downtown that recently went out of business. It was in sort of a strip mall parking lot with other stores on either side of it and the whole shopping center was owned by some company outside of our city. The store had been sitting vacant for nearly 5 months until word got out that a chain thrift store had paid in full for and signed a 15 year contract with the company who owned the building. Our city didnt find out about that until the deal already went down but as soon as they did, they werent going to have that happen at any cost. The city went ahead and bought the thrift store out of their 15 year contract for a quarter of a million dollars, plus, they went ahead and bought the whole shopping center for 5 million bucks all because the members on the city board didnt want to have a thrift store lowering the standards of the "beautiful" city. Now the city already doesnt have any money but they got to pay for this 5 million dollar tab they bought on a whim. So what do they do? They raise our taxes a half a percent to help pay it off. Now, not only do we not get a store to shop in, but Im paying a half a percent more in taxes to keep it out of the city. And no, they didnt bother to put that little issue up for a vote, they figured no one would mind.
Some world we live in these days
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 AM
rmantoo

ORIGINAL: davidgeorge212

I dont know what it is with them. Seems like its always a wait then pounce game with them. They sent a letter from an attorny and they told us to respond within 10 days or we are in violation of a misdemeaner. We responded and now they wont respond back. Im sure they will be sending more letters, in a few weeks or so.
When my father was having similar issues with his city, when they included the "10 days" response thing, dad's attorney wrote back, includig "if the city does not respond to THIS letter within 10 days, this matter will be considered closed" (or something very close).

Although that in and of itself didn't stop them, eventually, playing the same types of word and threat games the city was playing DID pay off, and they finally dropped it entirely.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Mr. N

Thats really nice.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
davidgeorge212

I havent updated here in a while but we are still making improvements to the inside of our shop. My dad just finished installing a central dust collection unit for all of our machines. We now have a dust collecting unit that is out of the way and doesent make any noise because it is in the basement. We have the pipe system running through the celing of the basment and it goes to each of the wood working machines. Each machine can turn the dust collector on and off from upstairs. All the pipes flow into a single line which blows all the excess wood chips and sawdust out the back wall of the shop. Now we dont ever have to empty the saw dust bag