Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Does this irritate you too?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this irritate you too?

I have noticed a trend among some people who advertise on rcuniverse. So many times, I will find something, a plane, engine, car, etc. that I want to buy/bid on, but I need more info. I will post a question only to be ignored. I find this rude and very annoying. Often times, I never get a response. Either the originator sells the item and just doesn't bother to remove it or takes the item down. C'mom folks, have some common decency and respond to queries in a timely manner, please. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM
skeeter_ca

Default RE: Does this irritate you too?

How rude! no one has responded to your post.

skeeter
Old 08-15-2009, 02:53 PM
lackeyma
My Feedback: (4)

Yeah, I even gave up on it myself!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

I just ran across your post, so I'll throw it out to you honestly. I checked your market rating, 1 buy for a small item in 13 months of membership...could be a reason not to take your inquiries too seriously, aka wasting time. What irks me is receiving offers in the questions area, questions already described in the ad, or being asked for pictures on a new in box item, completely unnecessary, with the ratings that I earned. I want alert, ACTIVE buyers that know what he is shopping for. Makes my life so much easier.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: rambler53

... or being asked for pictures on a new in box item, completely unnecessary, with the ratings that I earned. .......
Although I agree with mostly of what you say, I seldom buy anything without recent pictures, and I will not take the stock picture as an answer. Yes, your reputation should back you up, but what is the problem with a simple picture just to prove that you have the item in your hands?

Just my opinion.

Rafael
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Does Tower give you actual photos? Why do you buy from them with a stock photo? It's because it's time consuming, disturbs the contents of the box, and as I said, I check the rating of the member asking me to do the extra work for him, and if he only bought 1 thing in a year, I wait to sell it to the seasoned marketplace member who would be more reasonable and take it on faith. Lots of window shoppers, lots of kids wishing for a plane come August birthday, I get all the comments. A sale certainly merits more pictures, I usually ask for the offer being tentative on pictures later, so I know I have more than a dreamer on my hands.

Some haven't bought a thing in the last three years. Chances are, the picture does me little good with that record. I find RCU to be my primary source of RC goods, and sales. It's working fine for me.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:39 PM
pilotnathan

I just ran across your post, so I'll throw it out to you honestly. I checked your market rating, 1 buy for a small item in 13 months of membership...could be a reason not to take your inquiries too seriously, aka wasting time. What irks me is receiving offers in the questions area, questions already described in the ad, or being asked for pictures on a new in box item, completely unnecessary, with the ratings that I earned. I want alert, ACTIVE buyers that know what he is shopping for. Makes my life so much easier.
Still, a customer is a customer (or potential customer is a potential customer).

Old 10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does Tower give you actual photos? Why do you buy from them with a stock photo?
Sorry I missed your posts 5 months ago. I should pay more attention.

Dude, you are not tower Hobbies. I do care how much feedback you have, but your account could be hacked, your spouse/kid/anybody could be dealing in your name, countless things could happen at your household, that cannot happen with Tower. Please do not compare yourself to them. They have the authorization to use the stock photo. There is no way that they can take an individual photo of every item. Now here in RCU, unless you are registered as a vendor, you should not be selling more than one of any specific item at a time. If you are selling multiples, then you have to upgrade to vendor status. Sorry if you ARE a vendor, I do not have the time right now to research your status right this moment.

It's because it's time consuming, disturbs the contents of the box, and as I said, I check the rating of the member asking me to do the extra work for him, and if he only bought 1 thing in a year, I wait to sell it to the seasoned marketplace member who would be more reasonable and take it on faith. Lots of window shoppers, lots of kids wishing for a plane come August birthday, I get all the comments. A sale certainly merits more pictures, I usually ask for the offer being tentative on pictures later, so I know I have more than a dreamer on my hands.

Some haven't bought a thing in the last three years. Chances are, the picture does me little good with that record. I find RCU to be my primary source of RC goods, and sales. It's working fine for me.
Well, you would be disappointed with me. I've been a member of RCU since 2002 and have bought a grand total of about 5 items. Does that mean that you would not consider me as a customer that you would provide a little more effort? Your logic seem a little unreasonable, but if that works for you, you are the one loosing potential customers, not me. Oh, wait, I've only sold about 4 items in those 8 years too.

Rafael