Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Balloon kid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Banzai55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balloon kid

anyone with a calculator and a little science could have figured out the the boy wasn't on board the balloon. It probably couldn't have lifted more than 70 pounds and the balloon, basket, box, and kid would have weighed that- probably wouldn't have gotten 10 feet off the ground with the kid in it.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Balloon kid

After myth busters tried to do the exact same thing I knew it was a hoax right off.

Anyone that has messed with an rc blimp knows how sensitve they are to trimming with weight.

Helium will lift your voice much easier than your butt
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Banzai55

the news did report that the kid only weighed 37 pounds but that dosent change how it would fly!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

As i looked at the balloon in flight it. It didn't seam to move like anyone was in it at all. If it was there would be a lump of some sorts at the bottom but as you seen in the video it was flat. If anyone has played with a balloon's in some sort's of a way you would seen that also. I agree with Banzai55 about the lift and all.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

wow, the kid was six I thought, and he weighed 37 pounds? we need to get that kid a sandwich and have him start arm curling a radio transmitter..put some hair on his chest ! hahahah
Old 10-21-2009, 09:32 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thread moved to the Planes/Helis Off-Topic Forum

Ken