RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-planes-helis-391/)
-   -   80 cc bicycle motor kit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-planes-helis-391/10837623-80-cc-bicycle-motor-kit.html)

BUDMAN27 12-01-2011 01:07 AM

80 cc bicycle motor kit

I orderd one of thoes bicycle motor kits off e bay. I plan on putting it on my beach criuser bike. I don,t know much about this sort of stuff ,so it,s going to be a learning exserince for me. I like the look of a motor on a bicycle because it looks a lot like the old board track racer from back in the day. My dad raced flat track at county fairs down here in the south many moons ago. o well we shal see said the blid man to the death woman. ;)

flyinwalenda 12-31-2011 07:44 AM

RE: 80 cc bicycle motor kit

I have a small Honda 4cycle engine mounted on the rear of a cruiser (Pee Wee Herman ) style bike. Had to fab some of the mounting parts and it works good. Has enough power for most hills without pedaling and goes faster than I can handle at full throttle on a flat road. Still light enough to pedal with ease until you get to a tall hill then hit the throttle !
You should have fun with it !

BUDMAN27 01-07-2012 03:05 AM

Well so so far so good. Its a mountain bike not a beach cruiser. My bad. I did have truble with the chain tintioner. Hopfuly I got that fixed. I road it acrose Galveston last week. Man what a bumppy ride. I let all my frinds ride it. They love it and want me to build them one. I tell them to bring me thier bike and 500 dollars over. If you like small engines them i suggest you give it a go. You just might like it. I,l try to put up some pics latter.;)

vangeorge 01-20-2012 03:33 PM

Pictures man, Pictures! Is it a two cycle or four?

BUDMAN27 01-24-2012 01:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry I,v been bissy. Here is a shot before I made somme mods. Has a differnt exhaust now and it is faster because i put a racing sproket o0n it. Has a rear and frunt light on it to. This motor biking is fun guys. I beleave you might like it. ;)

BUDMAN27 02-10-2012 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I made some changes. Sorry about my messy shop floor.

BUDMAN27 02-10-2012 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I made some mods. Sorry about the messy shop floor.

mrbigg 02-10-2012 02:56 PM

Do the cops give you a hassle?

BUDMAN27 02-10-2012 03:58 PM

Not yet but I do every thing posible to not give them a reson to mess with me. Sometimes I don,t come to a copleet stop so I geuss they could pull me over for that.

BUDMAN27 03-29-2012 07:51 AM

Well now I can scratch getting hurt on motor bike off my bucket list. I was going to lunch yesterday and while I was looking for on coming cars my ft tire got stuck in the trolly track. The bike whent one way and I whent the other. The x ray said I have a frackure in my elbo. Looks like i will be taking some time off work for a while. I think I,l invest in some elbo and knee pads. [:o]

BUDMAN27 04-14-2012 05:14 PM

Feeling better now. I got me a heavy dutty motorcycle jacket made of bufflo off of e bay. and i don,t go anywhere nere those pesky tracks on my motor bike. ;)

BUDMAN27 07-24-2012 02:20 AM

This motorized bicycle stuff must be catching on. There is now a MB shop here on the island. I stop to talk with the guy running it and he said he is just getting started. He has some beach cruisers with 66 cc two stroke engine on them for 750 dollars. He showed me a bike he is working on that has a 4 stroke on it. Man I bet that bike goes. I told him if we get enouph poeple to get a motorized bicycle we can have a MB rally.;)

Bass1 07-29-2012 09:16 PM

Motorized bikes can be fun as hell. Years ago (70s), I had a generic 10 speed bike and outfitted it with a "Chicken Power" propulsion system, that I believe had an Ohhlson and Rice 25cc engine with a front wheel roller drive system. I had a blast with it and on several occasions traversed 26 miles of rural back country roads on it to get to my old Cessna 140 that was tied down several counties away. Great fun although the free roaming country farm dogs would often take chase of that bike with the whining motor and make me real nervous![8D].. Oh yeah, One time some good ole' boy rednecks in a 67' Chevy pickup hurled a full quart (wax carton) of orange juice at me and narrowly missed my face while cruising down the road toward the airport at 18 mph. That could have been ugly.[X(] So the morale of the story is motorized bikes are just plain fun to have but be extremely carefull of roaming dogs and trouble causing rednecks:D!

BUDMAN27 12-09-2012 03:33 PM

One of the guys i work with just got a kit in the mail . He and i stayd up tell 1 in the morning puting it on a beach cruiser. He has been riding it for a cuple days now and loves it. He is just like me. He wants to know how to make it go faster allready.;)

BUDMAN27 12-18-2012 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I put two pics up. The black bike is my frinds that i helped put together. The blue bike is mine.

BUDMAN27 03-07-2013 05:09 PM

My froend tells me that he orderd one of those boost bottles with NOS. I told him it was a bad ideal because it would over riv the engine.

BUDMAN27 04-11-2013 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put another engine on another bike . This time it,s a 4 stroke engine. What do you guys think about it ?

BUDMAN27 04-12-2013 01:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
don,t know why they didn,t go through the first time.

aspeed 04-12-2013 06:22 PM

I got one of the old O & R motors somewhere.  Never put it on yet because it is missing the cable, and it is illegal here to run it.  Picked up a moped at a garage sale.  Like it, two speed trans.  goes 40 mph.  Needs insurance though so I got an electric bike.  Too slow but no license or insurance is needed.  I also picked up an electric conversion motor a long time ago to try out, Too many rules here to do anything fun.  I wanted to try a weedwacker conversion that I saw on youtube but .........rules

BUDMAN27 04-13-2013 02:30 AM

I was in a bike store down here on the sea wall last week and the guy who works there told me bike motor kits are ileagel here. i beleave he said that because he dosn,t sell them. The way i look at it is that they save on gas so why would any goverment want to not let people ride them ? I geuss my little pea brain is not big enugh to understand. ;)

aspeed 04-13-2013 06:29 AM

The city of Windsor here has just banned the electric bikes from the parks and trails in town. The provincial government says it is fine for the streets, but the municipal thinks otherwise. They say 350 lbs, and 20 mph is dangerous?  Personally I don't like driving something that slow on the street because you are in the way and it isn't safe. I guess they just need ticket money any way they can. Well I guess I'll stay away from that city.

BUDMAN27 04-13-2013 10:44 AM

What a joke. I can see their point if i was out in the middle of the street holding up trafk. i ride far right let cars pass and try not do be a nusinss. man if i were you guys i would let my voise be herd at a town meeting. You just can,t let big brother run over you like that. thats your street to. i pay taxes and put my life on the line for our contatution down here in America and I be damd if I going to stand for that garbage. Just my two cents.

aspeed 04-13-2013 02:02 PM

It is the city counsel that votes on it, no one else counts. There are some people whining though, for whatever good it does. I live 30 miles from there, so my leckie bike would get there but not back. That is how things go here though. Likely where you are too, it is just how much things are enforced.

Kostas1 06-30-2013 08:54 PM

have you checked the mpg on the motorized bike?

BUDMAN27 07-09-2013 01:04 AM

No not latly. I,m sure its good. Why do you ask ? Do you have or planning on getting a MB ? ;)