Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Omp edge and MVVS 2.15

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omp edge and MVVS 2.15

I am waiting for the Omp 540 arf version to arrive. I like gas engines so I ordered the mvvs 2.15 gas engine and the tuned pipe setup from Morris. Is anyone flying this setup? How well does it pull out of a hover? I was leaning toward the Moki 210, but the cost of glow fuel made me change my mind, I already have a thirsty Satio 180.

Thanks for any info on this setup, Dave
Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Omp edge and MVVS 2.15

Dave, Capthis had this exact setup and I have flown it a few times. He has since sold the plane but it did very well and the tuned pipe is a must. Great engine for the plane, vertical pullout is no problem. Jeff Williams
Old 02-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Jeff, I feel even better now about my decision to go with the MVVS 2.15. I can't wait to get this OMP Edge in the air. Looks like a great Plane.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:44 PM
capthis
My Feedback: (67)

I was one of the first to run this combo. I thought it was awsome myself. Cheap fule, and the pipe helped keep the engine fairly quite. I sold the plane to STL Pilot maybe he will chime in here, and let you know how it has held up! If I were to ever build another one, I would back to the MVVS. Its a little heavier than a glow engine, but the airplane doesn't know it!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:55 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

STLPilot chiming in:

Flew mine today. Engine seems stronger then ever. 1/2 Fun Fly 1/2 Rocket. The 3' tuned pipe looks as cool as it sounds. Sounds like a motorcycle. Quiet ... but not too quiet which I like. Since it's so nice and big you can fly at greater distances and altitudes and still get a nice powerful sound. You'll like it.