Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 80" omp edge graphics ?

[]...Just curious do you think 90.00 is too much for a graphics package ??? that is over 20% of the cost of the plane ...[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just finished creating the layouts for the OMP Zivko scheme...
    VERY reasonably priced... Contact me via PM orE-mail for more info...

Includes what you see here plus logos for the fuse sides:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om32537.gif 
Views:	1 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	115121  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And for all you Pro Bro guys... here's a couple design ideas for the bottom in place of the OMP... I can cut in vinyl & have ready to apply too...

Name:	Sq47876.gif 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	115141  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know that much money sounds like a lot,but when you buy a good quality vinyl it definately makes a huge difference in the way yor plane will look. There is a lot of material needed to make that many graphics. If you don't use a higher quality vinyl you take the risk of having it fade, tear when applying and most likely come off when fuel and oil get into them. So if you want your plane to look great and keep looking great the extra money shouldn't be an issue. Strictly my opinion. See you at Toledo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll add my 2.5 cents...

I used to work for a sign company and have run my own design company for 15 years that recently began offering vinyl graphics simply because I got into RC and love to do graphics for planes... I say this not in a commercial sense, but to add some credibility to the following information:

While there ARE some really cheap, off brand vinyls out there... most everyone DOES use good quality stuff... it isn't THAT expensive really. The cutters are certainly costly, but what you REALLY are paying for is the time to design, cut, weed, tape, package and ship the products out.

In fact... $90 isn't a bad price if they have to design it... they often charge a setup fee... in this case a guy might not charge the fee knowing that the design will sell several sets... saving the customer money.

What used to bother me is when sign companies would not accept my ready to cut file without wanting to gouge me for "setup". If you provide a clean EPS, Illustrator or Corel Draw file MOST companies should be able to cut it within minutes...

The hard part is that so little graphics come in vector format (jpg's, BMP's, GIFs, etc... are called bitmap graphics), and it takes a "different" kind of designer to create quality vector artwork. Some use a default "auto-trace" tool that looks horrible and takes a lot of cleanup work (thus costing you a hefty "digitizing fee") but if you are good at Illustrator, you can quickly hand trace a design faster and with better results. To give you an idea... I created the cut file for the OMP/Zikvo graphics in about 20 minutes...

Most vinyls come in 2 "flavors"...

Standards, which are guaranteed to hold their color outdoors for 5 years... that's like a "lifetime in plane years" and are very resilient against fuels, sun and weather.

Premiums are quaranteed to last 7 years or more of outdoor use (two plane lifetimes). They cost about twice as much as standards and are thinner. Premiums are often used on car graphics, windows, outdoor signs, etc... where they are continuously subjected to atmospheric conditions like rain, snow, the sun's ultraviolet rays, heat, etc.

Depending on the project, I use either, but more for color choices than anything else.

Then there are your metallics, metallic pearls, metallic twilights, holopgrahics, flourescents, foils (like chrome & polished gold), reflectives, and more... All can be used with design flare in mind for something unique.

All of the above feature very strong and long lasting adhesives.

So, John is right... make sure they are using good quality materials, but you can rest assured that 99.9% are...

Here's a pic of one of my favorite projects...

Note that the project itself determines the cost... this one has A LOT of graphics, and many are 2 color, meaning you have to cut it twice, tape the top color and overlay on top of the bottom color... then tape it all... Then there is the SMALL type.. some guys will just not do it, because it takes some patience to weed (which is remove the vinyl that ISN'T the decal) because it is so easy to pull off a letter that needs to stay... often you cut a 2nd and replace missing ones...

ORIGINAL: john mc

I know that much money sounds like a lot,but when you buy a good quality vinyl it definately makes a huge difference in the way yor plane will look. There is a lot of material needed to make that many graphics. If you don't use a higher quality vinyl you take the risk of having it fade, tear when applying and most likely come off when fuel and oil get into them. So if you want your plane to look great and keep looking great the extra money shouldn't be an issue. Strictly my opinion. See you at Toledo.

Name:	Mk25051.jpg 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	115299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh17075.jpg 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	115300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ea84241.jpg 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	115301  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, I am currently cutting graphics for the OMP 80" Edge I have done some of the prototype pricing on the ARF's for OMP and also do custom work. The Aircraft that you see on OMP's home page ad (JIM LANZENDORF's) Profile "First happy customer" was done by my Sign Comoany. His plane is done in the Zivko scheme with two colors, Red lettering with a Blue outline. His decal set runs $75 + shipping. If you are interested on in the OMP scheme like it is done on the Aero Fly Pro similator plane it can be purchased for $50 + shipping. This can also be done in a two color scheme like the Zivko scheme I spoke of before for $75 + shipping. Anyone that would like more information can contact me directly at 573-467-0111 or by email at: agraphix@fidmail.com
    Thanks,
    Bryan Zang
    Sign Dimensions/AeroGraphix
    Since 1989

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12