Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

OMP Shockflyer combo question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP Shockflyer combo question

I've been looking at the shockflyer combo you guys have on your site for $199. I also watched the video of Mike flying the same combo. JohnVH seemed to have bad results with the 3d power set with the shockflyer in that he didn't have unlimited vertical. How much power does the combo really have for 3d? It didn't seem very clear to me in the video how the vertical pullout from a hover was. Also how much flight time do you get with this combo?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:40 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: OMP Shockflyer combo question

I can hover and do 3d stuff just fine. Speed and responsiveness are obviously not as good as a brushless but believe me it's still a great way to get going with these and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm using the stock powerset and 3-cell 700maH li-po pack. I can fly 3d for about 10 minutes with power management. I use a 1200 maH 3-cell pack and can fly for probably 20 minutes and can hover and TR just fine.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 AM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

Thanks for the reply Mike. Are you using 2s or 3s pack in the video on OMPs website?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:31 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

3 cell packs