Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

what axles for Tetherite gear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Rumple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what axles for Tetherite gear?

What is the recommended axle to use with Tetherite gear? I have 2 sizes in mind - the ones that come with the 65" Yak and the ones with the 47" Yak. I like the Dubro axles, but they require a pretty healthy size hole to drill in the gear. Thinking just a plain 4-40, 6-32 or 8-32 bolt might do the trick.

What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,
Kurt
Old 01-31-2005, 11:18 AM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: what axles for Tetherite gear?

I use 4-40 bolts and locknuts. Works great.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:25 PM
tetherite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use #8 x 1 1/2" steel cap screws (partial threaded shank), jamb nut next to wheel, nylon insert lock nut on the backside and a #8 washer on the outside of the wheel. This seems to be plenty strong for the 40 size planes. FYI.
Ray
Old 02-01-2005, 10:50 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Well if we average the two above we get 6-32 bolts! Hey, that's what we include in our hardware packs now. I've used 6-32 socket head bolts on my 40 gear for years and never had a failure.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:13 AM
johnboyrc

I had the same question about the landing gear. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one. Thought about the dubro mounts too, but didn't like the big hole needed and losing support. Wish the kit instructions would say amore about the gear.
Are the hardware packs available separately from the kits? Wouldn't it be easier to just include it in the kit?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Are the hardware packs available separately from the kits? Wouldn't it be easier to just include it in the kit?
The hardware packs are sold seperate now! You can find them here ---> http://ohiomodelplanes.com/acc/

Now that we started running the hardware packs, they have been selling, but less then 50%. Most modlers want to pick their own hardware when it comes to kits. Now ARF's ... that's a different modler who wants to have it all in 1 box.