Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Fusion ARF

Old 10-05-2006, 02:17 PM
T Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fusion ARF

Thanks for the info Mike. Maybe we can take up a collection of "little green washers" and ship'em back for......???? Oh maybe red or blue ones LOL. Back to the shop.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:39 PM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

Just remember that there may come a day when you think...."DANG! If I only had a lil green washer!"
Old 10-06-2006, 07:13 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: PlanePlanter

Just remember that there may come a day when you think...."DANG! If I only had a lil green washer!"
That EXACTLY what I thought. One day I'll be at the field and have some revelation as to what these dang little things are for. Then I'll give them to my daughter to string into a necklace! LOL
Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
jaybenson5
My Feedback: (4)

Mine are neon yellow?? Oh well, Any way, My Fusion is absolutley awesome. OS 120 AX and Jerry L Smith power pipe and header combo. 7 ld. 8 oz.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94570.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	538470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25333.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	538471   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31668.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	538472  
Old 10-10-2006, 10:33 AM
PlanePlanter
My Feedback: (9)

oooohhhhhhhh, you got the "special" yellow ones! Weve been lookin for them!LOL. GREAT looking Fusion! What prop do you run on the 120?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:39 AM
jaybenson5

Prop is a 17x6 Xoar.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:30 PM
StevL

My son and I have fallen in love with the way ourFusion arf flies!

We have one problem and maybe it has been mentioned here before; after about six flights a couple pieces of covering have fallen off. It was all ironed down before the first flight... what gives? After spending $279. for an arf I wouldn't have minded spending another $20 for some decent covering.

What is OMP doing to correct this problem? I had tape all over our new plane holding the covering on the first day at the field
Old 11-06-2006, 03:43 PM
AFSalmon

I have brought this up to the attention of the factory. Not sure why this has happened.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
StevL

Is this the first case or has it been talked about before? Just wondering.... Great flying plane BTW!!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 AM
AFSalmon

I have had a couple cases of it but for the majority, it has not been a problem.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
StevL

This is still an on going problem with us. Every day at the field we have to tape covering in place until we can get home and iron it down.

AFSalmon,
Have you heard anything from the factory?

What brand of covering is on the arf fusion?

How could we purchase some covering to repair areas that have completely fallen off?

BTW: This only seems to be an issue with the colored covering, the white is holding up fine.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-20-2006, 12:41 PM
AFSalmon

The TMPro factory has not offered an explanation on this issue even though I've asked a couple times now. The covering colors do however match the Ultracoat colors.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:51 PM
flatlandmike
My Feedback: (17)

i have found the same to be true and the white is holding great. so far i have just been pulling off the colored sections that doesn't hold down. In the future ill just get the whit version and put some vinyl graphics on it. I love this plane just wish it was a 50cc gasser so i could get more time on it.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:00 AM
AFSalmon

Hmm, a 50 cc gasser? That's been my dream as well. I can tell you that's in my future design book...just don't know when!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:52 PM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hate to chime in with this kinda news, but I'm having the same problem with the covering issue. And I havent even flown it yet! While out in the shop last night, I was cleaning everything up after completion of the model. I was using window cleaner and paper towels to remove dust etc from the plane, and several of the stripes were starting to peel off when I'd wipe across them. But it was only the clear that was peeling, and the color would stay on. After re-ironing all of the stripes again, it looks as if they holding. I had already ironed down all of the covering, especially the stripes, as soon as I began this project. Not sure what covering it is, but its really heat sensitive, and really difficult to remove, as it always leaves the color behind, and only the clear part comes off. This was discovered while recovering the wing access hatch. True, all these colors match Ultra Cote perfectly, but it would be great if the whole model was done in a better covering. I dont have a good feeling about this stuff! I thought about recovering the whole model, but it would take forever to remove all the white base covering, because you'll need to sand off all the color. Guess I'll be taking a role of clear tape with me to the field just in case. I'm with Stevl on this one. I'd be GLAD to pay extra for quality film.
Still, even with the covering issues, I have to say this is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet flying machine. Jay Bensons (pics above ) is an absolute BLAST to fly. And with that 120AX in the busuness end of it, it's a rocket on vertical lines. Jay was out today with his, doing tail touch'n torque rolls, and end'os in its own length. We'll have to get a video up in here when we get'm all up and flying. Should have 3 of them knock'n holes in the clouds real soon.

Old 11-26-2006, 12:19 AM
flatlandmike

I take back what i said about the white its just as bad as the stripes. I will be needing better covering or a ready to cover version if i ever get one of these again and i do want to keep having one. Mine is still the second best plane i have. jus cant beet the big gassers or it would be the best flying plane ever.

So don't taint this product any more with this sub standard covering, please. pretty please no really please.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:55 AM
StevL

To date my white is holding fine... I'm still fighting the color

This is a Great Airplane; please start using some quality covering!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Fred Dings II
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Covering questions

Mike of OMP assures me that the Fusion and other planes will be covered in Ultra Cote in the future. He has changed factories and is now in control.

This will end the covering issue. I will wait to buy a Fusion until he has one With Ultracote.

I have seen this plane fly with a good 3D pilot and I want one.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
flatlandmike

Thats really good news!
Old 04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Got'em in UltraCote yet?????

I'm in need of another Fusion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Fred Dings II
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An email from Mike Salmon said that he has a whole "container" of Fusion planes with the "china covering" and I got the message. Can't blame him for wanting to sell what he has on hand before going with Ultracote.
My opinion...you could cover the existing covering with some clear Ultrcote if it really bothers you.
I will fly my U-Can-Do 46 and my Twist until I am aware of something better, or the Fusion has Ultracote covering.
My U-Can-Do 46 with an OS .91 pumper 4 cycle and a 14-6 APC prop is hard to beat.
It is attractive and looks like an airplane. It flat spins inverted fine, but haven't figured how to go really flat upright. My Twist flat spins both ways like a saucer.
I bought a Mojo 65 and framed it up but may not bother to cover it. My 3D friend doesn't like the Mojo in the breeze, but I bought one because he said he liked it previously. Oh, well. Stuff happens.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM
jaybenson5

Go ahead and pull the trigger Larry. By the time they get the ultracoat ones you'll have another one Beat Down. LOL!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:15 PM
RC Larry-RCU

well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont think I can do that Jay. Ready to order two Fusions now, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
How bout it Mike? Will it be a while longer?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:16 AM
AFSalmon

Like previously posted we did get a full container of Fusions and we'll need to sell these out prior to switching. I'd say it probably won't be until this next fall before we even start more production so next batch probably next fall.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
RC Larry-RCU

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this is sad news.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.