Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

OMP Edge 540 ARF Control Horns

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP Edge 540 ARF Control Horns

Anyone not wanting the CF cut and CA type of horns is welcome to send them to me!!!

I love those things. I've flown them on my Boxxer and my Woody. I crash LOTS, and never have had a horn come out, even in that circumstance.

A few steps to remember:
1: Do not make the cut out any larger than necessary. You want it "squeaky tight".
2: Sand the end of the horn that goes into the cut out with coarse sandpaper.
3: Put a drop or two of medium CA into the cut out before inserting the horn.
4: Shove the horn in straight, and fully seated:
5: Wick in thin CA until it won't wick no more.
6: If you must use kicker, wait like a minute or two first. (Personally, I'd avoid kicker completely...)

I had a bad crash once on the Woody, and actually broke the tip of the rudder horn off, but the horn held it's spot. I just moved the clevis to the inner hole, retrimmed for center, added 10% more expo, and off I went!

No kidding, if you don't want them, PM me, and we can work out a couple of bucks for shipping...
Old 10-20-2007, 12:08 PM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

It would be nice if someone offered these!
Old 10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I jinxed myself. Today, I pulled a horn out of an aileron in the Woody. Not sure how. I was doing some hard flying, but not all that hard.

But still, I love these little things. Next time, maybe I'll use epoxy, and see how that goes. Maybe that's a better idea than CA...