Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Hybrid Edge 540 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 10:10 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid Edge 540 build

Well its about 4 months after i crashed my hybrid because of a battery or switch and now i have about 2 weeks work left on my second Hybrid. Here are some pictures of the progress so far and i have just completed hinging the surfaces. Tomorrow i will seal the surfaces and then start covering with my trim color. I have a build thread going on over on the giant scale and 3D forum here is the link http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7372055/tm.htm

Mike, I would like to thank you for designing such a great flying airplane and the help with the new kit.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:10 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Hybrid Edge 540 build

Hey thanks Craig! You know we lost our beloved flame job Hybrid the same way. Either battery, switch, or harness somehow. Just turned off in flfight and down she went. My lesson was to use dual batteries and switches in all planes 50cc and bigger. Cheap insurance.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that dual switch/battery thing just saved my ass.

the wire inside one switch broke off probably from vibration. I probably flew a whole day on one battery because i didn't realize the one switch was broken.

first switch i ever broke too !
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
AFSalmon

ORIGINAL: outssider

that dual switch/battery thing just saved my ass.

the wire inside one switch broke off probably from vibration. I probably flew a whole day on one battery because i didn't realize the one switch was broken.

first switch i ever broke too !

Bingo! I'll never know what brought down my Hybrid as there wasn't much left.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
craigteffe

s
Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
craigteffe

Well I have just finished up on my second hybrid, all that is left is to range check and test fly it. If anyone is interested in seeing more pictures go to the gian scale forum here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7790617
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85095.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1001051  
Old 07-31-2008, 07:31 AM
AFSalmon

Looks like the last one. Same building room too! I recognize those ceilings....haha
Old 08-02-2008, 06:59 PM
craigteffe

Just went out today and maiden flight, all was great the plane only needed 3 clicks of down trim and so i made a few passes over the runway and started to land the plane she just wanted to float on by. No suprises here as this is how my other plane flew. Went back around and she just slowed to a snails pace and ever so gently touched down. I don't know what it is about first flights that makes me soo nervous, my knees were knocking!! After landing i checked everythig out and found everythig tight so i fuled back up and charged my A123's and went back up this time i started wring her out a little and when inverted she started to climb a little so i know that I'm tail heavy, came on down and went into a hover and man this thing is a hovering machine. When people talk about a plane that locks into a hover i know what they mean this plane is just auesome!!!!!!!!!!! Had to fly her again and knife edge was fairly clean but could not really tell what was needed too much wind will have to move batteries around and then try again, I would do knife edge down the runway and then knife over and back the other way, great day of flying here and the new JR9303 worked great check it with the data logger and no holds or fades and 0 antenna fades.

OMP should offer this thing as a ARF.

Again great job Mike!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
AFSalmon

Hey congrats and thanks for the kind words!

Mike
Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
craigteffe

I now have 8 flights on my Hybrid Edge and everything is great so far.