Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

New Fusion and ProYak ARFs

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Fusion and ProYak ARFs

Folks,

Just a heads up we finally have new 67" Fusion and 47" ProYak ARFs coming in late March. Both of these models are coming from our new factory and will have construction improvements from previous models as well as genuine Ultracoat covering. You can save by pre-ordering before the shipment arrives. Check them out here:

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/67fusionarf/index.htm

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/47proyakarf/index.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80227.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1136925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93295.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1136926  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Fusion and ProYak ARFs

I was going to order a Fusion kit but now I saw this and I can't decide what to do.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
763ersma27

get both
Old 03-02-2009, 08:57 AM
fhpage

What engine did you use for the shots of the Fusion? OS 75AX or OS 120AX?
If it is a 120, are you going to change the recommended engines sizes? Also looks a bit on the tail heavy side, seeing the engine is mounted forward.
If it is a 75, how does it perform with that engine?
Trim on both planes looks outstanding!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
AFSalmon

ORIGINAL: fhpage

What engine did you use for the shots of the Fusion? OS 75AX or OS 120AX?
If it is a 120, are you going to change the recommended engines sizes? Also looks a bit on the tail heavy side, seeing the engine is mounted forward.
If it is a 75, how does it perform with that engine?
Trim on both planes looks outstanding!

OS 120 on that bird! The engine specs are for .91 - 1.20 two stroke or .91 - 1.25 4-stroke. If the engine manufacturers stop coming out with these great new engines I could stop changing the engine specs! LOL. When the original Fusion came out there was no such thing as the OS 1.20 and the YS 110 was the king of the 4 bangers. Now we have the Saito 1.25 and the OS 1.20 plus I hear OS nos has a killer 4 banger in the 1.20 range. All should be good candidates!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a YS 1.10. What would one see as the final flying weight with this engine and std. setup of batts and servos?

also, what prop would you rec. for the YS and Fusion?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
AFSalmon

ORIGINAL: noahb

I have a YS 1.10. What would one see as the final flying weight with this engine and std. setup of batts and servos?

Thanks

I ran the YS 110 for years on my Fusion until a midair landed it on the asphault! I liked the APC 16-4W as I had instant spool up but many folks like the 16-6 just as much. Weight would still probably be in the 7.25 - 7.5 lb range depending on the rest of your setup.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it still looking like late march for the Fusion ARF's? I got mine pre-ordered and a YS-1.10 all ready to bolt in.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
noahb

what are the diffrences between the new ARF and the older ARF? Will the weight be the same?
any design changes that would effect how it flys?

thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
noahb

When you get a chance, can you explain in detail the diffrence between the older ARF and the new one coming in? Weight?

Does it still look like the end of March for stock?

thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 AM
AFSalmon

Hi guys, yes the shipment is on schedule and did leave China as planned. So as long as there is no delay in customs we should still get the container late March. The new ARFs are different from the older ARFs only in some minor interior construction and of course Ultracote covering. The fuselage is built much stronger than the previous version and is stiffer. So it won't vibrate as much with the bigger 4-bangers. The outside design of the Fusion is exactly the same as the Fusion flys perfect! With the stronger fuse the weight is probably a few oz heavier than the previous ARF but to be honest the previous ARFs were actually lighter than even the kit built Fusions! The new ARFs also have Ultracote covering.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: noahb

Thanks
I have a 110 on mine with two elevator servos, 2000 mh 5 cell pack and it weighs 7.5 lbs on the dot. Weighed with two different digital fish scales. Flies great and loads of fun. The proyaks are gonna be cool too. I flew one that was kit built last summer and they rock!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 AM
AFSalmon

PROYAKS and 67" FUSIONS now in stock and shipping.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Waynesworld

just purchased the 67"fusion at the toledo show and there is no cutout for the throttle servo wire. just thought you might want to know. a friend also purchased the same plane and no cutout or hole to get the servo wire from the throttle servo to the fuse where wing connects.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM
AFSalmon

ORIGINAL: will185

just purchased the 67"fusion at the toledo show and there is no cutout for the throttle servo wire. just thought you might want to know. a friend also purchased the same plane and no cutout or hole to get the servo wire from the throttle servo to the fuse where wing connects.
I'll double check but if I recall it is supposed to drop down into the battery hatch location on the bottom left of the nose and then there's a channel leading to the wing area. I have one at home myself to build (for me!) and I'll check it tonight.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:24 PM
garygee
My Feedback: (9)

Had the same problem ...had to cut out opening from servo hatch to where the opening of the leading edge of wing.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Waynesworld

No hole in the battery compartment to the fuse either
Old 04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
noahb

Mine did not either. I just got it yesterday.

Also, for the amount of money this profile cost I would think it would come with some decent hinge points. The other hardware seems nice, but the hinge points it comes with are pure crap. Now I know they will work. However, I had some robart ones and used them. There is no slop in them, and they are much stiffer then these. If you take one of these hinges and pull on it, there is movement back and forth. Yes, just a little bit. However over time it will be a lot. The robarts have none.

However, the airplane is going to gether very fast. I can't wait to fly it. Quality of the airplane looks very nice. Just the hardware lacks some.

oh well, can't have it all I guess.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

You will forget about any little problems after the first flight. I have a bunch of flights on my ARF and a kit on the board right now. Maybe I should have waited for the new ARF?

David
Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
noahb

well, true. I did not buy this airplane for the hardware pkg. lol.

I have everything hinged and now just lack hooking up servos, installing control horns and balance the airplane.

I am running a YS 1.10s on mine.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
AFSalmon

Sorry for the delay, flew to CA today for my real job. I did check and you are right...looks like the factory forgot to add the access holes but I quickly cut the holes with my exacto blade and a long flat screwdriver bit. The hole from the throttle servo to the wing area follows the same balsa spare as the rear tail wires follow. You can cut out the hole from the front wing opening through the vertical piece of balsa brace. It is only about 3/8" thick. Front hatch access is from the throttle servo hole downward into the hatch area. I'll post some pics when I get back Friday.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Waynesworld

You are correct on the hinge points, very loose when you pull on them. i replaced mine with robarts, also replaced the .40 size flimsy horns for the elevators and rudder. used an exacto knife and made the cutout for the throttle servo wire through the first opening in the fuse. receiver is in second bay so i will just have to unplug throttle every time since there is no hole cut to get into second bay.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
noahb

Yep, I replaced my control horns with dubro, the kind where it has the bolt that goes thru with the clevis that screws down on the bolt. Much better setup.

The hardware is not very good with the fusion, however I am hoping it makes up for it in the way it flys.

It would be nice if a decent hardware pkg. came with the fusion.

I almost have mine ready to fly. I hope this evening to have everything done.

Right now, it's at 7.5 lbs with everything on it except rx and switch. So it should come out at 7.5 lbs. I could get this lighter by using a light spinner or a spinner nut on the YS 1.10. I have a tru turn spinner on mine right now as it's all I had.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
AFSalmon

Honestly I helped chose the hardware package and plan on using 100% of it. 4-40 size pushrods prethreaded, ball links for teh servo ends and the hinge points are equivalent to the robart style hinge points. Control horns are pretty standard for slabs. So far I don't see anything I plan on replacing.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
noahb

I agree the ball links are nice. Very stiff balls in them, but nice hefty units. Nothing a slight squezze with a pair of pliers (helicopter technique) won't take care of.

However, as for the threaded rods, they are fine for the plastic ball links, but the threads are a joke for the threaded metal clevis. I soldered on some 4 40 metal ends and used dubro 4 40 clevis. Now, it could be mine just did not get rolled proper, who knows.

The hinge points will work. Nobody is doubting that. However, for a few $ more you can have slop free quality hing points. One can use whatever he feels comfortable with. However, I am not going to install hinge points that have slop in them already into a $300 model.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.