Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Mounting 2.4 reciever in 80" Edge

Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM
robgfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting 2.4 reciever in 80" Edge

Hey Mike, after an unfortunate incident at the field Saturday when someone decided to fly without the pin (I had it) and the loss of a nice airplane (not mine) I have decided to go to 2.4.
My question is do you have any sugestion as to how to mount the reciever in the 80" Edge ? There is more than enough room in the wing, but that would make mess of wires and relocating the battery to the wing would change the balance.
I was planning on just making a new smaller hatch behind the existing reciever compartment for the remote reciever. Just wanted your opinion.

Thanks, Rob
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 AM
lockett

Default RE: Mounting 2.4 reciever in 80" Edge

Hey Rob, I am in the middle of building a 80" Edge and the best way I found to mount my Spektrum rx is in the exsisting hatch and for the sattelite I drilled a small hole directly above the hatch in the middle of the fuse to mount it right on top. That is what is suggested in the manual. Good luck and have fun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65352.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1152707  
Old 03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

I mounted my rx on a small piece of ply I glued in the center opening in the fuse between the wings and then mounted the remote exactly like Lockett did but on the left side instead of the top. Drilled a hole in the side sheeting just big enough to get the connector through and used double sided tape to mount the remote rx. Works easy and I still have the two short servo extensions hanging out both sides of the fuse for the aileron connections.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
robgfish

Thanks guys, gives me something to work with.

Rob