Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Tank foaming

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 08:04 PM
WRM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank foaming

I have a new OMP Edge 540 V3 and the tank is foaming. I have changed the tank to a Hayes and it is still foaming. I put a 1/2 thick high density foam between the fuselage. The old tank , I used a Dubro filtered clunk. Looks like the same as the OS Max bubbleless clunk but it only cost $2.50 versus OS's $16.95 What can I do to stop the foaming.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Tank foaming

I see this was also posted in the main forum.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: AFSalmon

I see this was also posted in the main forum.
And on other sites
Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Ernie Misner

Put a fuel filter in the line right before the engine somewhere. That helps to absorb any bubbles that do make it that far.

Ernie
Old 01-03-2010, 08:50 AM
WRM

Think you for the HELP OMP.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 01-05-2010, 08:14 AM
AFSalmon

WRM,

Not sure of your posting but fuel foaming is an old problem that modelers have fought for years but with new fuel formulas the foaming is greatly reduced. Obviously vibrration is what kicks off the foaming but the type of fuel you use, the pickup, good lines, how the tank is mounted, and if your engine vibrates too much are all factors that can excite the fuel foaming. From your previous post I would say check your engine and prop for excessive vibrations and maybe try a different brand fuel. Another old trick is to put a few drops of armour-all into your fuel as this acts as an anti-foaming agent. However I've never personally had a need to try this so please do some basic research on fuel foaming and remedies first before trying the additives. Also please post a picture of your tank mounting setup.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Ernie Misner

An old thread but some think that zip ties are worse than rubber bands for causing foaming. Did you get it resolved?

Ernie
Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
AFSalmon

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

An old thread but some think that zip ties are worse than rubber bands for causing foaming. Did you get it resolved?

Ernie
I've used both and to be honest I've never really had a foaming issue but I use exclusively fuels from Brian Cooper. Even with zip ties I make sure I put proper foam under the tank. Make sure your prop is balanced and 4s engines are tuned AND properly propped tio minimize vibrations.