Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

False Advertisement - Ohio Model Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM
JLadd
My Feedback: (216)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default False Advertisement - Ohio Model Products

Well, I was about to lay down $1400.00 today... I have been looking at 100cc planes for quite awhile now, just trying to figure out which one to purchase. I finally decided on the OMP 33% Yak 55M. They have a combo with this plane and a DLE 111 on sell for less than $1400.00 I have pasted a section of the ad here:

Combine with a DLE-111 for only

$1375 for the Plane and Engine!

(call for special order)

FREE SHIPPING for a Limited

Time!!!

Well, I received a call from John, The owner, this morning. I was all excited!! I had the money ready and waiting, then John started telling me that I was wrong, the combo was not included in the free shipping offer. I replied that according to his website, it indicated free shipping! I told him I was on his site right then, I even read the whole page to him. No where did it indicate on that page, or anywhere on the site that combo's aren't included in the free shipping offer. I mean, it's very hard to miss the big bold red letters that spell out free shipping right under the price for the plane and motor combo. Usually if something is not included, it says something like (combo not included). Well, John started telling me that the only problem with his site was me. I got pretty agravated and asked him what he meant (thinking that I had misunderstood him) He again told me that there was no problem wih his site, and that the only problem was me understanding his website! Well, I started seeing me NOT buying a plane from OMP. I could picture all sorts of problems, especially if they wouldn't even honor something as clear as the advertisement on there website. I let the conversation from this morning lie and I thought about it for a while. I called back at lunch to talk to John (the Owner) again. This was purely a mistake as he took a pure UGLY stance towards me and let me know that I was a problem and that there was no way that he would sell me the plane and motor combo in question without shipping (even though his website states that)!! Well, it was very plain at this point that I wasn't going to buy a plane from OMP!! I just can't imagine that they would advertise something that they won't honor!! I wanted to lay this out for the public so that they can see how OMP really treats there customers!! Thanks John, I almost made a mistake and purchased a plane and motor from you guys today!

Here is the link for the plane in question: http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/85-100ccyak/index.htm
Old 07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: False Advertisement - Ohio Model Products

now go to your new favorite company [8D]
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Do what you want but that is a great flying plane. I've seen it fly in person. It's worth paying shipping.
Feel free to express yourself by shopping elsewhere though.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 AM
n8kny
My Feedback: (4)

Hummmmm......I would have to agree with JLadd. That Ad sure does scream FREE SHIPPING! I expected it would have changed by now but, wow, that looks like some kind of bait and switch to me. I wonder how many people are sucked in and then just cave and pay the shipping. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Jladd:

Thanks for speaking out. Was about to make a similar purchase, but do no do business with people like this. They are to far away to get your hands around their necks!! Its very clear that "free shipping" is part of that add. We don't need these type of people in our hobby.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Please don't judge OMP until both sides of the story are told. I have done business with them many times and have nothing but good things to say.

David
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
krayzc-RCU

we r just gong by the website doing the talking
Old 07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
ThumbSkull

It does say on the ad to CALL for this special order.

Yeah, lets run another hobby retailer out of business so it's even harder to get stuff.
My guess is these guys have real jobs and do this on the side for the fun of it.

Get a grip on reality.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
krayzc-RCU

yeah right
Old 07-14-2010, 05:02 PM
pilomeza

deleted
Old 07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
g_mkoch

I had good results ordering from OMP. Their web site says

FREE SHIPPING for a Limited

Time - ARF only!!!

(Lower 48 USA only)

(Call/email for other shipping quotes)

and for the combo it says

Combine with a DLE-111 for only

$1375 + shipping for the

Plane and Engine!

(call for special order)

The ARF is $950 and a brand new DLE111 is $730 put it together and itmakes $1680 so you are getting a pretty good discount of $305.Basically they are giving you the engine at their cost but they stillhave to make money from somewhere which is the ARF.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 PM
ThumbSkull

Whiners. [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

So the other half of the story has a little more info to it. Interesting.

David
Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

I think our sales are very extraordinary and tremendous deals to be had for exceptional products. Too bad we can't give everything away and still stay in business. These sales have been very successful and the ads don't seem to pose any issues for anyone else. Certainly no bait and switch guys. You get one of the best produced ARFs on the market with exceptional hawdware, lots of carbon fiber goodies, and an engine for practically nothing. And yet some folks want more. Shop around and I think you'll agree.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 AM
mistermnkim
My Feedback: (153)

I agree we should give both sides a chance to speak, maybe the owner was having a bad day? Who knows? One thing I can say for sure is JLADD is a very honest and honorable man that loves this hobby, as you can see he even called back for some more!! so Im sure he wanted their product but I like he would be very cautious. Josh I for one thank you for the warning.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:06 AM
flygilmore

Come on dude.........do you actually realize how old this thread is?