RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/omp-ohio-model-products-support-forum-261/)
-   -   My new OMP ProYak 47" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/omp-ohio-model-products-support-forum-261/9469932-my-new-omp-proyak-47%22.html)

HFrank 02-02-2010 11:58 AM

My new OMP ProYak 47"

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, this is my brand new Pro Yak, engine is a well used and reliable Magnum .52 xls, covering film is Monokote, it was a very, very nice kit to build. I hope to maiden it next Sunday, but I'm a 3D Beginner pilot, so I'll take it easy. (Ooops, those stickers do not belong to this airplane, but were the only ones I had available [&:] )

AFSalmon 02-03-2010 07:57 AM

RE: My new OMP ProYak 47

Very nice job Frank and nice covering job as well. Good luck on the maiden and have fun!

ro347 02-03-2010 11:36 AM

Very nice covering job

HFrank 02-03-2010 04:46 PM

Thanks guys, BTW, I installed standard servos, are they OK for this airframe ?

ro347 02-05-2010 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: HFrank

Yes. I used Hitec 311s

AFSalmon 02-08-2010 08:45 AM

Yes, nothing wrong with standards. As your skills progress you may find you want faster more responsive servos. At that time you can upgrade to high speed digitals or at lest coreless analogs for more speed.

HFrank 02-08-2010 09:15 AM

It flew !!!! I had lots of fun with it, super fast rolls, knife edge spins and many other crazy moves just too hard to describe ;), But I was not able to perform real flat spins with it, I think is just a matter of practice and fine tuning my thumbs.

AFSalmon 02-09-2010 07:55 AM

Practice practice practice! On some of the profiles we have so much control surface you can actually put to much in for things like spins. Relax your rudder a little and learn to balance just enough elevator and rudder to get a good flat spin. The ProYak will certainly flat spin until you are dizzy. I've spun mine all the way down to a landing....ok, well it was a bounce and back in the air!

garygee 02-21-2010 11:23 AM

Looks great Frank!! GL with her start slow and gradually work upward, you will get it. Have fun.[sm=thumbup.gif]

HFrank 03-02-2010 09:35 AM

Last Sunday I performed my first harrier with the ProYak, it looks AWESOME !!!! and the flat spins are getting flatter every time I try them, next time I'll try harrier to hover transitions. I'm having lots of fun with this plane. [>:], thanks Mike.

AFSalmon 03-03-2010 12:55 PM

Last Sunday I performed my first harrier with the ProYak, it looks AWESOME !!!! and the flat spins are getting flatter every time I try them, next time I'll try harrier to hover transitions. I'm having lots of fun with this plane. [>:], thanks Mike.
Congrats and keep up the practice Frank!

brnrbbr 01-20-2013 01:10 PM

WOW ! Now that is a great covering job ! That looks great !

Desert Toad 09-10-2013 11:35 AM

I just complete mine, using JR digital servos and my trusty old Supertigre G51. Does anyone have measurements on the throw rates? Mine move a LOT, which will be fun, wondering were to set them for the maiden. Thanks.