Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

FlyZone Switch Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FlyZone Switch Coming Soon!

For those looking for an Aerocell Foam model that can be converted from a High Wing RC Airplane Trainer into a Mid-Wing Sport Flyer then, look no further!

[link]http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/hcaa2530/index.html[/link]

I came across this today and this soon up and coming model from Flyzone is very impressive as you get two models in one!

PDF Fact Sheet:
[link]http://downloads.hobbico.com/factsheets/hca/hcaa2530-fact-sheet.pdf[/link]

I am going to cut to the chase and allow you all to view the VIDEO that Flyzone has made for this model:
[link]http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/hcaa2530/hcaa2530_video.html[/link]

A few Pictures!
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlyzoneSwitch.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	2237853

Name:	FlyzoneSwitchHighWing2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	2237854

Name:	FlyzoneSwitchHighWing1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2237855

Name:	FlyzoneSwitchLowWing1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	2237856

Name:	FlyzoneSwitchLowWing2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2237857

Name:	FlyzoneSwitchLowWing3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2237858
Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 PM
guapoman2000

Default RE: FlyZone Switch Coming Soon!

More Detailed Pictures showing Assembly!

Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really nice and a very good idea for fairly new pilots. but I could buy two Wildcat BNF for that price, yeh I know, it's like two planes. But it's not for me.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
guapoman2000

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Looks really nice and a very good idea for fairly new pilots. but I could buy two Wildcat BNF for that price, yeh I know, it's like two planes. But it's not for me.
Not for you? Well, glad you came and posted anyway!

I will wait for the ARF version of this Flyzone Switch RC Airplane model as it comes with quality hardware and best of all a landing gear to land and taxi back.

Certainly, like all new models, all we need is to wait for the ARF version.

At this wing span, it will be a super flyer and makes for good Sport RC Flying possible.

I have this on my wish list for sure!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the price is $398.00 bucks around there very costly. With tax it is 400 easy. I don't see it at all. Looks great any way you set it up but when I saw the price I said Hmmmmm
Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Yeh, for that price you could buy each plane that it mocks
Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
macz

I found it for $299 at ultimate...hmm still deciding supercub lp which is $100 less so many to choose...
Old 09-24-2010, 11:43 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: guapoman2000

I will wait for the ARF version of this Flyzone Switch RC Airplane model as it comes with quality hardware and best of all a landing gear to land and taxi back.

Umm how can you wait for an ARF version of a plane that is an ARF in the first place? Do you possibly mean a Plug-n-play?

I got mine this past Tuesday. I also bought another Tactic radio and reciever. You CANNOT buddy box this to any other transmitter. There is no plug! It can only be radio linked to another like transmitter.

First the box is a huge waste of styrofoam, They could have made it a LOT smaller AND designed it to hold the fuselage with the landing gear in place. If you were hopeing to use the box as a storage container then you have to remove the landing gear every time. This will quickly lead to the gear attachment holes being stripped out.

As for the "quality" hardware, it's asian metric hardware. One bag had so much grease in it I had to cut the bag apart to get to the screws. The doubler in one of the wheel pants had broken lose and had to be re glued back into the pant. The hardware for the wheels is a little odd to work with. the axle consists of a threaded nut and a rod is pre threaded into that holding each wheel. You then insert a 2mm machine screw through the strut, wheel pant and into the nut. There is no easy way to hold the nut while you tighten up the 2mm screw that holds it all together.

It took less than 30 minutes to have the airplane ready to fly. It took a total of 80 minutes to charge the flight pack the first time.

Interesting "new" control links to mate the control horn to the carbon fiber pushrods. See the third pic down in post #2 of the tail assy with the screw driver above. My connector for the elevator had been stripped out at the factory. However there are 4 replacement items in the box.

The stabs and the wings are held in place by magnets.

There is ONE big nylon bolt holding the wing/canopy assy in place. You have to remove the wing/canopy to replace the battery and to plug it in. There is no external on off switch.

Still waiting for the winds to calm down in OKC to give it a test fly.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:19 PM
guapoman2000

Hey MajorTomSki,

The Model that has been advertised is a RTF.

Carlos
Old 09-25-2010, 06:27 AM
MajorTomski

Well made the first flight yesterday.

All I can say is WOW!!! THIS PLANE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!

It goes vertical on a full charge, and slows down at 1/2 to 1/3 throttle to behave like any other great trainer.

It glides forever, and makes a GREAT three point landing.

Switching to the low wing configuration take two minutes.

Things that could be improved. Again the odd wheel configuration came apart on the way to the runway. Be sure to add a thread lock to the axle screw and lubricate the stock wheel/axle assembly, lots of noise coming out of the wheels.

The plane could use an external on off switch. It's a pain to take the entire wing assembly off to get to the battery and to plug it in or unplug it.

The Tactic radio feels different, lighter and the stick feedback is weak, from a stock Fuitaba but it works well.

I'm also a little confused on wheather the included charger is functioning properly. It is charging, but it's taking a lot longer than an hour that I expect a lipo charger to be done in.

NONE of these small shortcomings affect the fact this is a GREAT FIRST/SECOND PLANE in one box
Old 09-25-2010, 06:36 AM
MajorTomski

Hey MajorTomSki,

The Model that has been advertised is a RTF.

Carlos
RTF= Ready to Fly, complete airplane motor, radio and batteries. There are a couple of parkflyers that are acutally RTF, you don't have to assemble anything to to go fly. This plane is closer to ARTF. you do have to assemble several components before it's ready to fly.

BNF= bind an fly complete airplane motor, RECIEVER and SERVOS and batteries you add your own transmitter. The plane can be RTF or ARTF

PNP=Plug and play complete airplane motor, SERVOS and batteries you add your own transmitter and reciever.

ARF=Almost Ready to fly, complete airplane and maybe a motor, you add your own transmitter reciever servos and batteries. Usually a LOT of stuff to assemble.

The Switch is an ARTF. What ARF version would you like to have? Plane with motor and no radio?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:38 AM
guapoman2000

Hi MajorTomski,

I had no idea that this model was available aready?

Can you kindly tell us all where you got your model from?

Thanks bunhes and thanks for the flight report!

Carlos
Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM
MajorTomski

Hi MajorTomski,

Can you kindly tell us all where you got your model from?

Carlos
I got mine at my local hobby shop Mikes Models in Oklahoma City

Also availbe right from Tower

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZMX7&P=7

HTH
Old 09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
MajorTomski

Flight test mini report

Went out with the stock battery, charged yesterday, to see how long she flys.

The airplane was in the high wing trainer configuration

In winds of 16 MPH gusting to 23 the switch flew for 11:30 at half throttle except for dead stick to four touch and go's and full power climb to about 200 feet.

I was able to loop and roll from half throttle (measured by the throttle joy stick being at the 50% mark)

So far the only shortcomings I'm seeing is the gear is a little week, I bent mine operating off a rough grass strip, and I don't like having to take the entire wing off to get to the battery, an external switch would be nice.

Tom
Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 PM
parkflier

More info/comments here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1293407
Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 AM
trainerjock

For those who are trying to find replacement clevises for the Flyzone Switch, I have been searching everywhere for a source and then I stumbled across this item. You wind up with a lot of parts you don't need but it looks like these would work. The price is about $7.50 depending on what retailer you buy them from.
Great Planes GPMA2954 - Hardware Set E-Performance Yak-54

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96715.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1544725