Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: UMX Beast..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

UMX Beast..

Well, I bought one of these based on the videos of the flight performance and of course just because it seemed like such a neat little thing.

Anyone else buy one with the wings as badly distorted as these? The designers went to all the trouble of the CF cross bracing, but what s the point of that if the assembly is done so poorly? Everything is locked in place like this.. yuck.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bz79114.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	138.4 KB 
ID:	1562253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fa87343.jpg 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	1562254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	va71170.jpg 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	1562255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys49287.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	1562256   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	do83386.jpg 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	1562257  

Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.

Revver Bro #231

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: UMX Beast..

Had not seen that. Ouch, I'll have a look at the one on the shelf at my LHS. I've been waiting for warmer weather to buy one. No place big enough to fly indoors with that monster...mmmm...I mean beast.

Is there any chance that HH would do anything about that? Have you flown it?  Bummer I really like bipes.

Bert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have made three short flights - it is cold and mostly windy around here these days so I can't make any clear assessment yet. Still in the coarse trimming stages so can't say what the net effect the wings are having, but I did need s agood dose of right aileron trim so far. I should stop flying it if I expect anything to be done about it.

One piece of firm advice - use the recommended low rates for test flights! Plenty of control there.
    Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.

Revver Bro #231

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I'm pretty much a pure rookie around here, but I thought there was a representitive from Horizon Hobby that hung around here and would offer advise from time to time. I'd be real interested to hear what he had to say after seeing your photos.

I've really had the hots for one of those, but have been puttin it off because I can't see me flying one of those on our indoor soccer fields. I have enough problem with a Micro T-28.....well not really, but I know it wouldn't take anything a whole lot faster to get me in trouble.

But now that I've seen the photos of yours, I'll pay a lot more attention to the pre-purcahse condition of my Beast.

Speaking of the Beast, we had our club swap meet last weekend. One of the guys had a 100cc Beast for sale. He wanted about $1,600 without radio gear...I was tempted, but then I remembered how much I like sleeping in my nice warm bed at night, so I let it pass.

Sorry I forgot to look at the Micro Beast when I was at my LHS last week, But I'll try to remember this Thursday when I get over there.

Bert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have both the 100cc and the micro beast but I did buy it from the local hobby shop so I got to look at it before I bought it. I would definitley say you got a bad one out of the bunch and you should look into getting a replacement. They are a nice little flyer and the new brushless setup gives it a lot more power. I have only seen mine and another friends beast at a fly in and they were both built well and flew straight.
    WACO Brotherhood #166/ Cub Brotherhood #16
    1/2 Scale Stits Sky Baby Brotherhood #1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

who all has these??
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33