Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Finally Flew T-28

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
RCGIJOE09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Flew T-28

Hello All

Just wanted to share with everyone that after a year of owning and several un successful flight Ifinally flew my T-28 Trojan White and Red model and did not crash it. IHave had it for a year and thought i could learn on my own and so that was not the case so i put it away and bought a SuperCub LP and learn to fly that and now have mastered it . So then pulled out the T-28 and rebuilt it after the last crash and did some small mods to it this time, and so took it out Over the weekend with a friend who is a lot more experiences then me and had him take it up and from that point he handed over to me and i flew it in figure 8 and did a lot of turning using the alierons which this was my first time using them instead of rudder to turn. Iflew it great it responds very fast. Note had it on High Rates and love how well it respond. When it came time to landing Ihanded back over to buddy and he landed it and then threw another battery in it and from that point on Iput another battery in and he got it up for me and then i took over again and this time i was able to land it myself with no issues, Idid notice that you have to start farther out when making an approach and then do not cut power you will need it when coming in. Just not full power. So made the touch down and Now i'm so so hooked This plane is the Bomb. So thanks for reading and would like your comments and feedback.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
playntraffic

Default RE: Finally Flew T-28

Good job. Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Angel727
My Feedback: (5)

Congrats on your milestone!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Go Pens
My Feedback: (1)

I hope you have a large wallet because now your hooked
Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
wilbur right

Congrats to ya RCGijoe!! I've always wanted one of those T-28s too. You must feel great about landing it too!! When are you gonna fly it again? Any vid??
Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 PM
taekwondo

Congrats on your successful maiden. I am glad it went well for you.
You will love this plane, its flight characteristics are so cool. And the ground handling is to die for.
Henry
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Sinai

Excellent!! Congrats!!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Saburo Sakai

You got your wings!

If you haven't seen it yet, you can fill out the Horizon Hobby questionaire (Sheeez, it's long)and you'll get 15% off T-28 number 2, or any other bird. There's a link on this category board.I ordered the Mosquito to double the fun.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

Have your friend teach you to do a good aeliron roll...pitch the nose up just a little before you start...that's step one.

After you have that mastered, he can show you the immelmann turn and split S trun (half cuban 8). You'll start having so much fun you'll need more batteries.

Just make double sure you have enough altitude before you attemt a Split S turn...it's been the ruin of many a fine plane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immelma...#In_aerobatics

Old 02-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

CONGRATS!!!! Welcome to the addiction!

Voodoo I took a look at your link to the Immelmann turn.

Take a look at the diagram of the 1918 version. Looks to me like the illustrator screwed up.
From what I see at the top of the turn the plane is facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction. LOL!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91134.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1568305