Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flying time for T-28 Trojan

Hello

Had a question regarding How many minutes do you put on your battery when flying your T-28, Curious as to how low i should take it down. Meaning. I running 2200 MAH 3Cell 25-30C Batteries. and i normally put about 7 mins on each of my batteries and when i go to recharge them i notice that the starting voltage 3.8 is this too low? or should i put less minutes on the batteries?? Any help would be greatful. thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flying time for T-28 Trojan

The ESC handles that for the most part... You know when you got to come in...I wouldn`t worry about tech. type of stuff. Just fly that T28.... Great plane...Jason
    Your gonna wreck some planes if you want to be a good pilot...Try not to wreck them, putting them together 1/2 ***.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flying time for T-28 Trojan

3.8Volts/cell is fine - you could go lower. If your charger tells you how many mah it takes to recharge the battery, conventional wisdom has it that using no more than 85% - 90% max of the available energy will be best for your battery's life, and foe the likelihood that your plane will come back when you want it to.

As an example to clarify, if you are using a 2200mah battery, experiment with flight times until the recharge requires (2200*0.85) = 1870 mah or so. That would be a safe flight time. Once you know the mah/minute used by your plane, you can calculate flight times for other batteries that may fit, too.

If you wait until the ESC (speed controller) starts to limit or shut off the motor, you may have a whole other set of problems (i.e. airframe repairs), to deal with, as well as possibly shortening the life of your batteries. A final note - if your battery is discharged below about 3.1 or 3.2 Volts/cell (and you do not recharge it very soon afterward), its future performance will be significantly affected.

Hope this helps...Chris