Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mini Telemaster

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mini Telemaster

i've been flying for over 27 years. gezzzz that makes me sound old ! i really learned to fly on a telemaster .40 though i have moved onto jets and giant scale warbirds , i have always owned a t-master.
i now have a t-master 40 and a mini t-master for cruising around at dusk. i also just picked up a set of plans for the 12' version yee haa ! anyways ... the mini is a big disappointment. it fly's like crap !
it doesn't have ailerons and i know they make a replacement that does but i was wondering it anyone else thinks it fly's bad. it only has the rudder so i'm thinking it doesn't have enough dihedral in the wing. any thoughts?
the pic is of my scratch built .40
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69117.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1597039  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Telemaster

If the mini has the same amount of dihedral as the one in the picture, than I'd say it definitely needs ailerons. Are you using quality, lightweight gear appropriate for that size plane? Did you use light balsa/use glue sparingly? Sounds like it may have come out on the heavy side.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

t-master pictured had most of the dihedral removed. mini is not very heavy just control issues.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:00 PM
jdetray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most planes without ailerons require a certain amount of dihedral in order to turn properly. If you removed most of the dihedral, that is most likely why the plane doesn't fly very well. Either add ailerons or restore the recommended dihedral.

- Jeff