Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parkzone T-28, Extra 300 or P-47

Hi, Ihave been using e-flite micro choppers for a couple of years and now have a micro P-51 and Radian Pro as well. I have a few hours flight timewith them, Mostly successful!
    What would you recommend out ofHH offeringswith my experience?
    BTW, Ihave a phoenix flight sim and have hours and hours flying time on that!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Parkzone T-28, Extra 300 or P-47

Ive had them all.

#1 pick for a newer rc pilot (of the 3 listed), ParkZone T-28. Buy and fly the crap out of it. When you want more, over power it with a E-flight power 15 or 25 with a Thunderbird 54 ESC and it becomes a WHOLE NEW PLANE.

It wont matter what you move on to in the future, a over powered T-28 will always be fun to keep around.

Im having fun right now with the ParkZone P-47 with a Scorpion 3020-890 motor and its a blast!
    Maybe I should just take rubbing alcohol with me to the field and rub the props down before starting any of my planes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, the T-28 is AWESOME!  Each time you wreck it, it only becomes stronger.  Have had mine for two years.  I recommend this as a trainer to all new aspiring students.  Even low wing it is graceful, can park it in a headwind at high altitude or come in low at full thottle.  A great trainer and sport plane in one. 

Last year I removed the gear and made it a hand launched/belly lander.  Amazing the speed difference without the gear.  Also, went from a 3-cell to a 4-cell and it became a new plane, amazing vertical with stoc kset-up (included ESC will handle 3-4 LiPo cells).  I eventually melted the motor endbell (made of plastic). 

I converted the motor to an Exceed Monster .10, Castle 75 Lite ESC, Custom RC aluminum motor mount and still use four cells in the 2200mAh range.

The F4-U Corsair would be my second choice and lastly the F4F-Wildcat third.  The P-47 I will be procuring this week.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On your list I would also suggest the T28, our other flyers still fly this one quite often, handles well, forgiving inflight for a low wing, its a very nice flyer.

Not a Warbird is one now that has blown me away, of all things its a Flyzone, their Corvalis is stunning especially on landings nothing like it for a low wing, will do basic manuvers but do mostly scale flight, however another opener on this one is into Night Flights is great if your into that, amazing how conditions are best after or during dusk. I can fly it total darkness out of the box with a well lit parking lot, going away view is not lit that well but possible especially in the right location. I have a large side by side lot and one end is vacant entirely after 9 PM and before 7:30 AM, is a fantastic.

Tho brief have a pass flying this ship in total darkness, you can actually see it tho cam doesn't pick it up till the pass, Parking lot lights keep it within the visibility limits, never get enough of this kind of flying, course you can fly it dusk quite well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhQsjF7Me8

But really shines on its greased landings, find this amusing as normally I'm not skilled here, but this is the norm with this bird, unbelieveable, I'm not kidding..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kueVsviBUuE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-28 for sure. Ihave the UMversion and it is a blast to fly even in a slight breeze, so the larger one should be even more fun.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Only drawback I can have, but its mainly due to my not perfect landings, is the nose gear on the T28 will take just so much abuse, also have same issues on the fun 300, gear right now is torn up, but better flyers than I will have zero problems here.

Again tho not the Warbirds mentioned, the Corvalis is much tuffer on the nose gear and I have no issues there at all.

A Warbird model that is really a dream with an exceptional tuff nose gear is the Eflite T34, tho balsa model, video of them banging the nose gear on the table with no effect, now thats my kind of plane, I do have this one and its a beaut...yep still intact ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osC0QANi3lU

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

P-47 with the re-tracts is TOUGH! You can bend the heck out of them and just bend them back with a pair of channel locks. My 47 hit a pole and blew into 4 big pieces. Gorilla glued it back together, and she is still flying with a 25 sized motor on 4 cells. FUN!
    Maybe I should just take rubbing alcohol with me to the field and rub the props down before starting any of my planes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What landing gear? I took them off and belly flop it in the grass. I noticed after a couple grass landings with the UM that the nose gear tore up the cowl, so I fly without gear now.  On the larger ones, I was told to tail drag it on landings to keep the nose gear from getting mucked up.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

U can buy the T-28 and upgrade it with the motor and prop from the Extra 300 like i just did today.
    I can tell u its awesome.

It has now been modded with the motor of the parkzone Extra 300 and with the prop of the Extra 300.
    The extra speed is very nice as it seemed to be 30 to 40% faster then the stock trojan motor.
    The only downside is that flighttime is reduced in half for me now.
    With a 3 cell 2200mah lipo i can fly about 4 minutes at full throttle now where as with the stock motor and prop i could do a good 8 minutes.

But ohwell i prefer 4 minutes of good speed now with this plane.
    I really enjoyed flying it today and did a good 6 flights with it.
    Its a Trojan on steriods now hehe

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DEB7GaqaPM[/youtube]