Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

How to do major UM t-28 repair

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

How to do major UM t-28 repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
bladefan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do major UM t-28 repair

Expensive dog toy

anyway, buying all new foam parts. What do you glue the electronics back in with. I was going to use a glue gun. I have the regular strength clear, glue, and there's a stronger glue included. Is this stuff ok or is weight bad. Should I consider something else for repairs?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Angel727
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: How to do major UM t-28 repair

You can use CA glue made specific for Foam. I will not use heated glue to glue the electronics specially the receiver, you may damage it. I'm sorry that your dog damage the aircraft. I know the feeling, being there happened that.[:@]
Old 05-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with the other poster.I think CA and some kicker is a better choice. It will help keep things lighter too, as you mentioned.But if you go the CA route make sure to get foam safe CA and you will maybe need a bottle of Kicker/Accelerator. CA Glue Kicker/Accelerator cures CA glue almost instantly. Ask you hobby dealer about the kicker.I also think it best when using any type of Kicker to cover electric parts(like the receiver) with a paper towl before spraying kicker in that area.

Hope you didn't punish the dog too much...they're just animals.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 PM
bladefan

Thanks for the help! Any idea what kind of glue they used at the factory?
No i didn't punish him. except to leave the park early. i love him. and I'd let him chase it around. Its my fault i crashed it. he just caught up with it...finnally. I'm just sad I can't fly it around when he's around.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Voodoo101
My Feedback: (1)

The stuff that the factory uses to glue things together is a kind of silicone adheasive. It's not all that bad but it's slow to cure and not all that strong either.

A good silicone bonding agent will work but it drys very slow. Of course if you use CA it may be more trouble to fix it next time, but you are getting better....right?

I know how you feel. Dogs just don't understand that everything that flys is not a toy for them and it's natural for them to want to pounce on things that land in front of them.

My favorite breed is Yellow Lab....oh what one of them could do to a foam aircraft.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I have a Collie, her mouth is bigger than the plane. I make sure she is no where nearby when I fly. Besides the noise of the prop scares her away!

I hope it's calm this weekend, I havent had a chance to fly in over a month. The last time I had good flying weather, I couldnt get the ESC to arm. Fixed that problem, but have yet had a calm day.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Tried ti edit, but it kicked back errors.

Oh, silicone would be my choice for mounting the electronics, its electrically nuetral, and has shock absorbtion properties too.  I would put a dab of it where you mount the piece, and then tape it down until it cures.  after about 4 hours it should be cured enough to remove the tape, and 24 hours later 100% cured.  It cleans up easy too if you have to redo it. 
Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
cjg

I've used tacky glue with much success mounting electronics and motors to these foam planes. It does take over night to dry, but it is cheap and easily available at any craft section of a discount store.

It dries more flexible than Elmers. Its actually just a "rubbery" form of Elmer's vinyl glue.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM
ror

use velco glued with hot glue.It will not damage receiver..