Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

39" span Extra 260 EP from Value Hobby

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

39" span Extra 260 EP from Value Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:13 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 39" span Extra 260 EP from Value Hobby

I recently purchased one of these Extra 260 models from Value Hobby and am quite impressed by the overall build quality of the model. The supplied manual recommends electric motors ranging in size from 350 - 450 watt as suitable power units, but my Turnigy 350 watt motor mount is too big to fit on the motor mounting bulkhead of the models motor box, so is there any easy way around this problem. Also an approximate location of the CG is not shown, so can anyone assist in giving me a reasonable starting point for the CG. Thanks.

Karol
Old 06-17-2011, 03:23 AM
eagle33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 39

Can't answer your motor question.  On C.G., as a rule of thumb or starting point where nothing is specified in the instructions, measure the wing chord at the fuselage.  Divide this measurement by 4 for novice pilots and by 3 for seasoned pilots.  Take the resulting number and measure back from the leading edge of the wing as your C.G. starting point.  For example:  wing chord at the fuselage is 8 inches.  Divide by 4 for a novice which is 2 inches.  Your starting C.G. will be 2 inches back from the wing's leading edge (at the fuselage). 
Old 06-17-2011, 03:36 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: 39

Thanks for your response. I know about how to approximate a starting point for the CG, just wondered if anyone had a model with the CG location already dialled in.

Karol