Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F-27C Stryker Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Stamey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-27C Stryker Engine Noise

Hello all I recently bought the F-27C Stryker and love it! The C version is so much better than the B and flys beautifully. However, I recently suffered a minor crash with it where the prop blades broke clean off the hub. After a little while of figureing out how to get the hub off the shaft to put on a new one, she was ready to fly again. I took it up again this weekend since it's crash but came across a noise issue. All is fine until the engine has to push the plane by it's self at full power, aka, no wind under the wings. When at this point of launching or in a verticle climb at the top of the envelope, the engine puts out a loud high pitched whine. It sounds as if I have taken a big metal stick and hit the inside of a metal pipe. It is that kind of high pitched "ting". It goes away once the engine unloads and and there is air flow over the wings. Can anyone help me decide what this is please? I am afraid the crash damaged a ball bearing or something inside the engine and it will need replacement. Much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
plane-addict

Default RE: F-27C Stryker Engine Noise

Maybe one of the magnets in the motor came loose?

Here is a nice replacement: Turnigy H2218 heli motor 3200kv. Get a 5x5E and an around 60A esc and you will get more than 100kph out of it.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Stamey
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: F-27C Stryker Engine Noise

plane-addict;
Thanks for the reply! I figured something must have been screwed up with the crash but didn't know where to start. Thanks for your input on it! I actually already have a replacement on it's way. It's an Eflite 6 pole brushless (same type as the parkzone) with 2000kv rating and a 40 amp esc Will be amazing to put in and see it operate. It was really funny too because even on the specs of that engine it gives a detailed list of compatible and recommended setups which include the Stryker! Thanks again and happy landings.