Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

parkzone me 109

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:34 PM
schlussadler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone me 109

I am having a devil of a time trying to get the Parkzone 109 off the ground. I am not sure about hand launching either. Even though I have flown for over three years other park flyers with success the 109 is very difficult for me to get airborne. Even with right rudder it pulls hard and to the left and tip stalls. So far the only way i have gotten it into the air has been to throw it from a high hill down into a valley several feet below which gives the plane enough air space. i just cant seem to arrive at a technique necessary to get the plane airborne from the ground and it seems too heavy to hand launch at ground level. Any advice is welcome.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Saburo Sakai

Default RE: parkzone me 109

The "ParkZone Bf109"Historical Archives, huge,listed under this very category, should have your answer. Someone may chime in right here, though, but the Archives are always here for us! Gott mit uns!
Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM
schlussadler

Default me 109 difficult taking off

I tried this plane as my third after gaining experience on T-28. I exactly experienced what you have been. The solution for taking off from ground is as follows: Do not accelerate the left throttle stick too violently. Keep the plane on the ground gradually and smoothly increasing the speed. When you see the tail wheel lift off the ground then pull back on the right elevator stick and the plane will lift off the ground nicely. Also the plane is not too heavy to hand launch from the ground but you must have a strong wind in your face and remember to throw it upward and with almost full throttle. If you are capable of doing it, install flaps and you won't believe how easy this plane will get off the ground with the flaps down. Also consider a rudder to elevator mix pre- programmed into your radio so that when you are taking off, the rudder will turn to the right as you pull back on the elevator or right stick and this will counteract the pulling to the left or torquing. Hope this helps.

Baron Von Schlussadler