Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Turnigy Easy Match Motors on Parkzone T-28, P47 and Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Turnigy Easy Match Motors on Parkzone T-28, P47 and Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
johnpcunningham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnigy Easy Match Motors on Parkzone T-28, P47 and Corsair

Although I have used the E-Flight power 15 and power 25 in my planes, I often opted for the well built Turnigy SK 3548 and 3542 motors. Great quality and less expensive. The only issue was mounting the Turnigy motors - I had to insall the alum adapter and grind out the hole in the cowl. Turnigy has released their Easymatch motors which are literally drop in replacements for the originals and look exactly like the E-flight series. Since I mostly do combat, it is important to me to have good balance of power and flight times.

Here are my findings

Setup:
1) JR9303 9Ch radio
2) AR7000 and AR6200 Spektrum RX
3) Parkzone T-28, P-47, and Corsair

P47, T-28 and Corsair
I first started with the E-flight power 25. Since it was 850KV, I knew it would turn slower due to the 850KV. But I had to run a 12x6 prop to get comparable speed and power to the stock setup. I changed over to the Turnigy G15 and things got exciting

(1) Parkzone E300 prop 10.5x9 (suggested as upgrade on www.hobbyeone.com)
This prop gave an good increase in speed and power but at the cost of flying time. Had to run about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle as compared to stock setup. My buddies plane had about 2 minutes of flying time left and I had to keep landing, but I could outrun him on the straight getaways when dog fighting or out climb him. Extra speed not useful in a fur ball dog fight.
(2) Stock prop
E-flight power 25 did not perform well since it needed a larger prop due to the lower KV rating. Turnigy G15 ran very well but battery life was reduced but not as bad as the E300 prop
(3) Masterscrew 10x7
Very similar to the the stock setup. This is a good replacement for the stock motor, but it is still a little hotter when running the Turnigy G15.
(4) Masterscrew 10x6
Turnigy G15 Performance was good and battery life was good. I believe this is the best prop for the job
(5) Masterscrew 10x5
Turnigy G15 Performance was good and battery life was good. This gave me slightly longer flight times than any of the other props without any noticeable decrease in speed. A toss up between the 10x5 and 10x6

When running the Turnigy SK 3548 900 KV motor in any of the planes, I found that a 10x8 gave me the best balance of power and battery life. Oddly enough, the Turnigy G15 is 950KV (50KV more than the 3548) but requires a 10x6 or 10x5 for similar performance. The Turnigy motors are very well made and I have not had any problems to date. The G15 is in my opinion the best motor for the Parkzone warbirds and at $27, it is a great value when compared with the stock replacements or E-fligh motors.

Turnigy Easy match motors
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...EasyMatch.html

JC