Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Baby Bee Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:47 PM
JAP-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Bee Suggestions

HI, I JUST BOUGHT THE CLANCY AVIATION BABY BEE ARF WITH THE 180 SIZE GEAR REDUCED MOTOR AND HAVE BEEN FLYING IT WITH AN 8 CELL 300MA NIMH BATTERY AND GETTING ABOUT 8-9 MINUTE FLIGHTS. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THERE IS A SUITABLE LI-POLY PACK FOR THIS PLANE THAT WOULD EXTEND MY FLIGHT TIMES SOME.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

Do you have any more info on the motor, if the current draw is under 4 amps, there are loads of li-poly packs that will work. Where did you get the plane?

Do you have any pics of your plane, I've always liked the Baby Bee.

Posting in all caps is the equivalent of yelling, plus it's not as easy to read.

Jason
Old 08-21-2003, 02:43 PM
JAP-RCU

Sorry about the all caps, I am new at this. The plane is the baby bee by clancy aviation and it looks just like the bigger lazy bee except it has a 22 inch wingspan. It flies great. I used cirrus 6.2 servos and a cirrus mrx-4 rx and cirrus 5 amp speed control. it weighs about 8.5 ounces with the 300ma nimh battery installed. it is sold on the hobby people website. the instructions that came with it didn't tell any kind of specs about it such as the prop pitch and size that came on it or the gear ratio and i haven't taken the time yet to count the teeth on them to find out. i was hoping to use lipolys but don't know much about them. also right now I am flying it on an 8cell pack and don't know whether to use a 2 cell or 3 cell lipoly pack. any info is appreciated.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:41 AM
thomer
My Feedback: (48)

JAP,

I have a Baby Bee in which I installed a 370 motor and gearbox combo with a 5 amp ESC and a 2 -cell Etec 1200 mah pack which works great and gives great performance and about 20 minute run times. That little 180 geared motor doesn't draw more than a couple of amps, and the E-Tecs can handle 6 or 7 amps. Try a 2 cell pack out. 3-cell would be overkill for the 180 and would burn it out very quickly. They are very much worth the money for the performance and run time! You won't be dissappointed!

thomer
Old 08-22-2003, 12:10 PM
JAP-RCU

Who sales the etec batteries? Also, I am very happy with the power of the 180 size motor and prop combo that came with my plane on 8 cells, would it fly well with the same stuff but just switching over to lipolys or will i have to go with the bigger motor to make up for the loss of voltage due to going from 9.6 volt pack to 7.4lipolys? If so what motor and gear combo are you using and what prop? Any specifics would be appreciated and also where you got the stuff at. thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

You can get E-Tecs and other Li-poly's from:
All E RC
Aero Micro
Bishop Power Products
E flight packs
Heli Hobby
Light Flight RC
FMA Direct
Parkflyer Motors
Wild RC

There are several other places, but these should get you what you want.
Don't forget, you'll need a good li-poly/ion charger for these batts.

Jason
Old 02-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Red_barron419

Default RE: Baby Bee Suggestions

Anybody have plans for a Baby Bee? will trade for em!!!!!!!

[email protected] or use my RCU email thingy

Ej
Old 02-07-2004, 07:09 PM
TravelairR
My Feedback: (7)

I'm running the stock 180 with a seven cell 300 maH Nimh and getting about 20 minutes of flying time. It sure is a sweetheart of a flyer. I've hand launched every time but will try a rolling take-off if I can get on asphalt. I think a 280 would be a better motor for it though.

Horseman
Old 02-12-2004, 03:53 PM
enrique1123

I've had a Baby Bee for a while now and I think it's great, I run it with 3 cell LiPo 1020 from FMA or 1200 but they don't make the 1020's anymore, the only thing is that I've burnt 3 motors because the voltage is too high for the little 180. Power consumption is only 1.5 amp on 8 cells or 2.3 on 3 Cell LiPo, I've got over 75 flights on mine though so it's ok, I've never been able to take off from pavement.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Red_barron419

HEY!!!!!!!! ANYBODY HAVE BABY BEE PLANS THAT I COULD GET AHOLD OF????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 12-01-2004, 01:57 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Nobody has plans because they don't give plans with ARFs. I think the kit version is called the Ladybug. I fly my Baby Bee on a 3 cell Lipo and a geared Himax 2015 brushless. What a blast![sm=punching.gif]