Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

HobbyKing Tuff Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tuff Trainer

Wow, you guys are dedicated. I was going to buy this plane for my nephew as his first foray into RC flight. Thanks for the heads up. I think I will pass on this and get him a Hobbyzone Super Cub instead.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

timmygreek - that should work. Either washers under the motor mount or a nickel under the wing! Try to get an experienced pilot to do a trim flight for you but warn them about the tendency! It flies pretty good now. I think it's pretty robust as well.

Chucksolo69 - check out [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-006-4ch-trainer-red-arf.html]this[/link]. I'm guessing HK rebrands these. This outfit has pretty good service as I found out when I recently bought the Dynam T-28 from them.

Chuck
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Chucksolo69

Yeah, a friend of mine I fly with has the exact same kit that he got from NitroPlanes and branded TechOne. He has since painted it and made it look like a military Grasshopper. I do like the kind of foam it's made of. I had one of the TechOne P-51 Mustangs and flew it until It wouldn't fly anymore. It was my first "aileron" plane and served its purpose well.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:46 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It has been to long and last time I flew my funfly was hearing my motor sounding like the muffler was off and deep. So I tossed it out off the plane. And have the swap ready to go on I need to inspect her and off she goes.

The only think I did not like about her she drops when gliding.

So I have her just sitting. I flew more my flylite. Identical plane. And let me tell ya what a dream she is a light weight. I thin my only regret on the flylite was damaged tail when ordered

If you are after a durable and the tuff trainer is strong but the funfly is a more relaxing plane. I enjoyed my funfly. Oy damage was maybe the cowl and deffiniy the bat door wood is cheap a credit are fixed my issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

I purchased this airplane in Aug2011. It arrived with a broken battery hatch part. I received the replacement battery hatch parts this week - Dec12. Great service HobbyKing!

Since I finished my lessons, I've taken it a couple of more times. One day I did landing after landing to practice & the nose really took a beating. The foam at the rear of the battery hatch had cracked but a little foam glue & it's as good as new. Unfortunately, winer has started to settle onto the midwest, so flying oppurtunities are scarce until spring. I've started putting my LiPos to "bed" for the winter!

Chuck
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The glue for epp they is shoe goo. A little bit of that stuff is awesome Mine I see it each night. And one day will work on it. Now since I got a charger. I may just do that.