Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

PZ P-51 Lipo Concern?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
CRAZY_FLYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ P-51 Lipo Concern?

Hi all!
I am new to RCUniv but been flying heli's for 5 years. Just recently in the past year got into planes but not familiar enough with electronics to determine if I am going to blow out a motor or esc with the type of lipo I am using. For instance on my stock P-51 PZ I have the stock 480 motor (brushless)and 18A ESC. The stock version comes with a 1300mah 3S battery but I was wondering can Iget away in using a 3S 2200 mah battery without burning anything up? I am also using the suggested 9 x 6 size prop which I believe is calculated to match the stock setup. ANYhelp would be appreciated! Is there an easy formula to determine what the max size battery I can use with a certain type of motor, prop, and esc?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:34 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: PZ P-51 Lipo Concern?

The larger MAH will give you more flight time, its just a matter of the extra weight may slow you down a bit, but you shouldnt hurt anything with the larger pack. If you went 4S then you could have an issue.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:55 AM
CRAZY_FLYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PZ P-51 Lipo Concern?

Thanks for the information and this is what I was hoping for! Yeah you are right that the extra weight will be a factor as well as getting my CGjust right. Of course now with the longer battery it is way to tail heavy so I need to figure that out before even attempting to fly it.

Thanks again!