Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parkzone Warbird Race!

Hey Everyone...

This Saturday, October 29th will be the Pomona Valley Model Airplane Club Fall Classic Race for EF1 and Parkzone Warbirds at our Prado flying site in Chino, CA. This will be a three-pylon race for the EF1 class electric racers, and the electric Parkzone Warbirds. We have been having a lot of fun practicing out at Prado and many club members are going to attend the race. A quick head count has us already up to 25 entries. We would like to encourage you to participate in this one-day event. We will start briefing all participants at 8:00 am on Saturday, so stop by and be a part of the fun! If you race, you will be competing for some great prizes from Horizon Hobby including an LR-1 Pogo, Parkzone Spitfire, Parkzone Micro warbirds like the Mosquito and F4U Corsair, plus other great prizes. Please come out and be a part of this fun event!

Details on the rules for both classes can be found at the PVMAC website www.pvmac.com . All of the Parkzone foamy Warbirds are eligible to race including:

T-28 Trojan
    F4U Corsair
    P-47 Thunderbolt
    P-51 Mustang
    Spitfire MkIX
    Bf109G Messerschmitt
    F4F Wildcat

If you have one of these airplanes, you can race it with us! There are some restrictions, so please review the rules here at http://pvmac.com/PDFDocs/2011_Parkzo..._Guidlines.pdf . Using these rules so far at our practice sessions has given us some great races and the airplanes are VERY equally matched! We do recommend flying higher than the pylons though as all of the airplane vs pylon encounters have come out in favor of the pylons!! We’ve also discovered that regular CA doesn’t melt the foam that these airplanes are made of and we’ve been able to get all injured parties back into the air!! Bring a hardhat and some charged batteries and prepare yourself for a good time.
    Hope to see you there!

KennyMac

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Parkzone Warbird Race!

Thanks for the heads-upand a great idea!
    Question: what brand of "regular" CA glue are you referring to?
    There are Leaders, followers, and Troublemakers!
    -Capt. J.L.D., U.S.Army (ret.), my dad.